Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Announcing For Vintage

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Announcing For Vintage

Postby Announcer Guy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 pm

I am very sorry to say that I will not be at the track this weekend. My little brother and his wife had their first child yesterday. There were many complications related to the birth, which resulted in organ damage. They believe that much if not all will heal itself. A helicopter was the first vehicle he ever rode in, when they transferred him from Monroe to Toledo. They believe he will be in the hospital for an extended period. I need to be here with my family. I will hopefully see everyone in a couple weeks for race 4. That will be a great sign. Please send positive energy little Brody's way. Have a wonderful and safe race weekend.
Matthew Tomkinson
Announcer Guy

Re: Announcing For Vintage

Postby Greg Blastic » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 am

Sorry to hear that Matt. We'll be praying for your nephew, Brody, and your family.
No worries on the announcing, I've got your back. I figure I'm vintage so I may as well dust off the vocal chords and do a little announcing this weekend myself.
Greg Blastic

WHRRI Member Number: 2412

Postby Announcer Guy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Thank you Greg! I'm sorry I'm going to miss you. You'll do a heck of a job. Just try not to outdo me too bad.
Matthew Tomkinson
Announcer Guy

Postby Rich Johnson » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:58 am

Keep the Faith
Rich Johnson

WHRRI Member Number: 1981

Postby Dave Lewis » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:28 am

Thinking of you and your family Matt
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Announcer Guy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 pm

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and comments of encouragement, both here and on Facebook. Brody has made some miraculous strides forward. Not only has it been a 180 since last Friday, it's been at 200 mph. We are finally getting to hold him, bathe him, feed him and he's spending much more time awake. The doctors have said that to this point they can't find any permanent damage to any organs. It is still a long road to hoe, but every step of the way has been encouraging. I will see my second family in a little over a week! All that are headed to Mid-O; have fun and play safe.
Matthew Tomkinson
Announcer Guy

Postby Greg Blastic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 am

Awesome news Matt! We'll continue to pray for a full recovery!
Greg Blastic

WHRRI Member Number: 2412

Return to General Discussion