Just wanted to keep the Waterford family in the loop.
On Thursday my Dad, Warren Martin, went to the hospital for what was supposed to be a routine heart procedure to insert a catheter. Upon inspection by the surgeons they discovered one of his veins leading back to the heart was 90% blocked. We've been told if the other 10% clogs it's almost guaranteed to be fatal.
Yesterday morning, Friday August 27, Dad underwent an emergency triple by-pass surgery at University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor. The surgery took approximately 6 hours from start to finish, and he is currently resting in the CVC ICU. Sometime today or tomorrow he will be moved into a general recovery room where he will be for about a week.
My Mom says he was talking and even joking, but very sore, saying he felt "like one of those squirrels you see lying on the side of the road", but just speaking takes a lot out of him yet.
I don't have a final room number for him, but any well wishes, cards, etc. can be sent to his email: email@example.com
, or by mail to
2789 Bent Tree Drive
Dexter, MI 48130
I'm sure he'd love to hear from you!