Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Thoughts on HPDEs running on race weekends?

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Re: Thoughts on HPDEs running on race weekends?

Postby 38Bfast » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks Jason,

The bracket classing has proven it self very popular in the drag world for many many years now, so I can see it working very well in road racing. I seems that grouping cars by what can and can not be done leaves a lot not willing to participate in competition. They want to compete but are not willing to step up to a rules fulfilling car that is competitive in a class. NASA on the other hand has a HP/Weight/points system that frankly is so complicated few can figure it out, Much less police it for compliance. Bracket racing takes a lot of skill to get it right on the number.

lets hope we can get enough support to get this off the ground.
V2 Motorsports
Ralph Provitz
2008 Spec Miata Champion
2008 WH top 10
38 DSR
Ralph@v2motorsports.com
38Bfast

Re: Thoughts on HPDEs running on race weekends?

Postby Sean r/t » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:30 pm

To follow up on this, I think this would be a very good idea to bring in new racers to Waterford. Currently there's no real connection between Autocross people, or Open track day people, and actually racing at Waterford Hills. This new format proposed by Ralph would give open track day guys a chance to run on race weekends, converse with other racers, and see exactly how easy it is to get involved in racing door to door. Autocross participants are drawn to AutoX over open tracks because it's actually a competition, and by the end of the day, you know where you stand compared to the other drivers. Give these guys a chance to hit the track and actually be timed, and you WILL get people to participate in this group. Hopefully the club takes this proposal seriously, as I think it will draw a lot of new interest to club, and eventually get more people wheel to wheel in the more traditional run groups.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Sean r/t

Previous

Return to General Discussion