Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Official results for Mazdaspeed

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Official results for Mazdaspeed

Postby REMSPORT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 pm

How can I get official hardcopy WHRRI race results that meet Mazdaspeed requirements (make, model, date, track, class)?
Rich Miller
Rich Miller
WHRRI #1752 - Where's my 20 year anniversary watch?
REMSPORT

Re: Official results for Mazdaspeed

Postby REMSPORT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 am

Anyone? What do you other Mazda racers do? Or am I the only one with the problem (won't accept what's on the website).
Rich Miller
REMSPORT

Postby Camar67racer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:57 pm

I have not had any issues submitting results electronically over the past few years. Last year they implemented a new system where you have to upload the results under "My Account" once logged into http://www.mazdamotorsports.com, rather than just email them with the results and your support number as in years past. Do you have a login/profile for the site? If so and you still need help, PM and I'll walk you through it.

Jon
Jon Yanca
Spec Miata #20
Camar67racer

WHRRI Member Number: 2648

Postby REMSPORT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Mazdaspeed wants uploaded .pdf files or internet links, however the results from the WHRRI website cannot be printed or saved because they only appear as on-screen pop-ups I"ve submitted .pdf files of Print Screen outputs showing the pop-up results but the race date and track information is missing and Mazdaspeed hasn't accepted them. I also can't provide a link to specific results because the only address that appears in the address bar is www.waterfordhills.com with no specific page links. What am I missing here?

Rich
Rich Miller
REMSPORT

Postby Camar67racer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

I see the dilemma. I think we had the results in a different format on the site last year. I just tried printing to .pdf and it has everything but the race date on it. It does say "Race 2" or "Race 3." I don't know if they will accept that or not. I have two for you that I can email if you want to send me your email address.

Jon
Jon Yanca
Spec Miata #20
Camar67racer

WHRRI Member Number: 2648

Postby surratta » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 pm

hey guys. I was waiting, hoping that T&S had a quick answer for this. but given that T&S is in transition right now, I'll see what I can do here...

I know that mylaps -- i.e., the actual software running on the T&S laptops -- has print capabilities, but I don't have easy access to them. I do have access to the raw data which produces the race results on the website, though, and I can reformat that to suit your needs. do you have specific requirements besides make, model, date, track, class? whrri logos? T&S chief information? do I understand correctly that the data on the mylaps website is not sufficient?
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby MJNOVA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 am

Call Steve at Mazda (Manager) he will be able to get it straightened out.
MJNOVA

Postby REMSPORT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm

From the emails I received from Mazdaspeed:
"To be considered valid, official race results must include all the following information:
1) Your name
2) Race event name and date
3) Racing class and finishing position in that class
4) The make/model of the vehicle in which you competed (MyLaps and other results that do not show make or model will not be considered valid)
You can upload race result copies (PDF, etc.) or post a website url link to results directly to your Mazda online account (Vehicle Detail section)."
Rich Miller
REMSPORT

Postby surratta » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:47 pm

the data that I get from T&S is essentially the same as what they post to the mylaps website. I'll work with T&S to make sure we have the required fields published. I will also work on making our web results more easily accessible -- e.g., I'll make sure there's an option to copy/paste a url for a given event.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby REMSPORT » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks. I'll report what/when I find out from Mazda...however I can only wait on hold for sooooooo long.
Rich
Rich Miller
REMSPORT

Next

Return to General Discussion