Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Vern Roberts.

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Re: Vern Roberts.

Postby Racing Stuff » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 am

It's so sad to hear this.
I had hoped, as we all did, that this was getting under control and we would be seeing his smiling face at Waterford again this summer.
His support and enthusiasm for Waterford Hills will truly be missed.
My deepest sympathy for his family.
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
Racing Stuff

Postby Mike Patterson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am

Such sad news
Vern was such a driving force at Waterford. His support for the club was always second to none. I was always impressed with his eagerness to help out anybody that needed anything. He will be missed by all but his presence will always be with us.
Mike and LeeAnne
Mike Patterson

Postby BILL WRITT » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

So sad to hear of the loss to our WHRRI family, our sympathy goes out to the family, but we can take comfort in knowing it was a life well lived & enjoyed, & now he is racing on a track with perfect conditions.
Bill & Kathy
BILL WRITT

Postby Dwaine Koscielniak » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 pm

There are no words that I can express. Vern was so supportive of myself, my son and family during the years I raced at Waterford. He treated us like we were his own family. Waterford has definately lost a Great Husband, Father, and Supporter. God Bless and Prayers to My Friend and his family at this time.

Dwaine and Suzanne Koscielniak
Dwaine Koscielniak (Speed)
Retired AS #76/75
SCCA # 33439

It's Amazing How People Have Such Simple Minds and Find Humor Offensive

Mustangs are Like Women, You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Put Out, Life Is Good
Dwaine Koscielniak

Postby Randy Smith » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't have the words.
Randy
Randy Smith

Postby greendot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Our hearts are broken, but Vern's spirit is alive within us.
Godspeed Vern.

Bruce & Mary
Joan Rivers response to Johnny Carson when Carson said don't you think men are looking for intelligence?
No man has every put his hand up a woman's dress looking for a library card.
RIP Joan
greendot

WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Postby Donald and Peggy Burry » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 pm

I've know Vern since he went to drivers school, he was a graeat raacing and personal friend , I will miss him, and the club will miss him, may he race thru the skys forever.
Don Burry
Donald and Peggy Burry

Postby mslay48240 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm

sorry for the lost he will be missed by family friends co-workers and as well see that vette on the track as well. he always had a smile on him. i did not know him that well but what i do know is that he will be missed by all . so with that said i send my sympathy to southern motors as well to all is family as well. the slay family
mslay48240

Postby CBCook » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm

I was saddened to hear of Vern and the loss to the Roberts family. Our thoughts & prayers are with Dorothy and the entire family.

Christian & Annie
CBCook

Postby dahlemt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm

What a shock and loss to the entire WHRRI community. Vern was a real ambassador for the club and will be dearly missed.

My deepest sympathies go out to Marianne, Dorothy and their families as well as the entire staff at Southern Motors. He was a generous and kind soul who loved his family immensely.

A retired Pontiac police officer, a successful businessman and just a great human being. His legacy is simple: he had a positive impact on the people around him. Some of the guys at Southern can tell you first hand the impact he had on their lives by loving them and treating them like sons.

It's comforting to know he is now with his maker and no longer has to deal with a failing body. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to know Vern and spend time with him over the last 10 years.

Tom Dahlem
dahlemt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion