Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Ontario Time Attack

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Ontario Time Attack

Postby Spin2Win » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I wanted to extend an invitation to anyone just over the border ...

A new track has opened in Grand Bend at the drag strip/aerodrome, and CASC-OR (Ontario's version of SCCA) is hosting a time trial event there July 13/14.

The Ontario Time Attack series runs at Mosport, Shannonville, and we held our first event at Grand Bend last fall. The track is very good for an aerodrome circuit - about 2kms long & technical, with lots of paddock space and great amenities near-by. Grand Bend is a resort town with a huge beach and lots to do for family members who may not like hanging at the track while we have fun. Camping is free at the track, and there are flush toilets and hot showers. There are many nice hotels in the area, as well as the Pinery Provincial Park (if you want to pay for camping).

The OTA series has a great classification system that slots cars into one of about a dozen classes, depending on the modifications you've made to your car. You end up running against very different cars that may be turning similar lap times.

For info on the series, the best place to look is the CASC forums: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

We will honour any SCCA license, or will grant a temporary one-off "Weekend" license competitors that are new to our series. All that is required is a driver's license, a helmet, a vehicle, and the entry fee. A car could be shared with another person.

We have open lapping in the morning to let people sort out their cars and learn the track, followed by timed sessions. During the timed sessions, you do a warm-up lap, 3 hot laps, and a cool-down lap. Cars are spaced out, so you're never side-by-side with another car - thus no roll-cage requirement. We repeat that through the afternoon - typically 3-4 times. Your fastest lap is scored against others in your class. There is lots of track time. The event runs both days. I'm not sure if prices have been set yet, but it was $180/day last year.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on the CASC forum. Heck, PM me even if you don't have questions - just to let me know you're interested!

Rob
OTA Grand Bend Organizer
Rob McAuley
1995 BMW M3 #56
BMW Club Racing & Ontario Time Attack
Spin2Win

Return to General Discussion