Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

OTD - April 21st Call for Instructors

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

OTD - April 21st Call for Instructors

Postby Clutch » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

April 21st OTD

We are getting a lot of interest in the instructor program and we have a large number of first time drivers.   I need Competition licensed drivers, or Blue Group drivers willing to pass on some knowledge on the track to help out the novices. 

In Car Instruction will be in the morning sessions only. You will be riding with the driver during hot laps giving real time instruction and feedback. These are first time drivers on the track - they will need basic instruction on what to look for at the flagging stations, how to properly pass, and how to navigate the course. Lead/follow in the afternoon is optional based on the novice's needs and your willingness to go out.

Competition licensed drivers – I can work out a little track time for heat cycling and brake bedding for the first 10 drivers that contact me to sign up.  Work Bee hours are also available in lieu of track time.

For many of them this will be their first time on a road course. This will go a long way to show how helpful the people at Waterford Hills can be, and is a great way to get them interested in wheel to wheel racing!

Thanks!

Clutch
otd@waterfordhills.com
Clutch

Re: OTD - April 21st Call for Instructors

Postby alexgoesracing » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

I'm in bro!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ACP-A ... 5030048741
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
alexgoesracing

Postby Clutch » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 am

Excellent!

You're on the list.

Thanks Alex!

Ed.
Clutch

Postby Sean r/t » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Looking forward to instructing and getting the banana out for the first time this year. May bring some new drivers from work to run as well.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Sean r/t

Postby The Crew Chief » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi Ed,

My Chiropractor Dr. Adam Apfelblat (through very lil. influence from me) is registered for the 4/21 event and has basically enlisted me to be his mentor that day. So I am planning on being out there. I talked to him this afternoon and he doesn't have a problem with me taking on an additional OTD Novice. (My request, Please no more then one additional, and if possible both in the white or total beginner group.)

Last fall I went out there to work the "close down work-bee/OTD" and assist any where I could with in that scope. I told Joel if you need something let me know......Joel took full advantage and tasked me with several things.

For on particular Father & Son I was there driving instructor (through out the day) That's what happens when the question is asked at drivers meeting "All licensed drivers raise your hands"!
He also had me drive the pace car during lunch, doing controlled instructor/recon. laps. And had me run the P.A. announcing for run group grid from the tower all afternoon long.

So if you need a hand with other stuff, let me know and I will jump in and do what I can!

Quick question: Will normal race tech. be out there to perform annual techs. on race cars?
Rodger Outland
Fast Frog Racing
ITA # 33

"55 is an un-safe speed... Slow enough to make you feel safe, but fast enough to kill you"
The Crew Chief

WHRRI Member Number: 2677

Postby Sean_C » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Ill be there shaking down the new car, you can count me in.
Sean_C

Postby Clutch » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:24 am

The Crew Chief wrote:Hi Ed,

My Chiropractor Dr. Adam Apfelblat (through very lil. influence from me) is registered for the 4/21 event and has basically enlisted me to be his mentor that day. So I am planning on being out there. I talked to him this afternoon and he doesn't have a problem with me taking on an additional OTD Novice. (My request, Please no more then one additional, and if possible both in the white or total beginner group.)
C - Instructors will have no more than 2 novices. Most of your interaction should be in the morning only. All drivers requesting instructors will be in the novice groups.

Last fall I went out there to work the "close down work-bee/OTD" and assist any where I could with in that scope. I told Joel if you need something let me know......Joel took full advantage and tasked me with several things.

For on particular Father & Son I was there driving instructor (through out the day) That's what happens when the question is asked at drivers meeting "All licensed drivers raise your hands"!
He also had me drive the pace car during lunch, doing controlled instructor/recon. laps. And had me run the P.A. announcing for run group grid from the tower all afternoon long.
C - Our instructor interaction this time will be more than just parade laps. They will be on track hot laps for the morning session only.

So if you need a hand with other stuff, let me know and I will jump in and do what I can!
C - I appreciate that!

Quick question: Will normal race tech. be out there to perform annual techs. on race cars?
C - Larry might stop by, but not to do annual tech. I'll ask if they have anything planned.

Thanks!
Clutch

Postby sethrowley » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 pm

hey im in if there still some spots available for SM!
sethrowley

WHRRI Member Number: 2603

Postby MJNOVA » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Are you looking for Tech?. I have teched in the past with Dave Lewis and could make it work.

Mike Novak
MJNOVA

Postby Clutch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Mike,

Can you do annual techs on the race cars?

C!
Clutch

Next

Return to General Discussion