Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Your new trophy chairman has a question!

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Your new trophy chairman has a question!

Postby bob hofmann » Mon May 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi, I have hijacked my husband's account!
I will be doing trophies this year. Thanks to Jenny Smith for all the hard work she has done for so many years.
That being said, I would like some input from the drivers at this time. I know we all like our hardware, but is there something else we would like to see? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I am open to pretty much anything within reason. We do have a budget to consider. Have we ever thought about gift cards to places we frequent? Gas stations, Harbor Freight, Racing Stuff, etc. In the past we have done clothing, luggage, clocks, duffels. I this something we should do again? The June race will be what we have done in the past, however, I do have time for the rest of the season to try new things. You can respond on the forum, or call me at 586-260-0279, or email at cynthiahofmann@comcast.net. Thank you.
Cynthia Kempton
Bob Hofmann
#06 2010, 2011 and 2012 GT-1 Champion
bob hofmann

WHRRI Member Number: 1286

Re: Your new trophy chairman has a question!

Postby surratta » Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 pm

my first trophy may as well be made of solid gold. second one too. but I *can* actually imagine a time when more trophies might hold diminishing value.

I have personally coveted some of the windbreakers I've seen around the track, but I think those were for class championships or top ten rather than, say, 2nd in class in a Saturday heat race. a long time ago, I saw a WHRRI beer mug/stein that I thought was pretty cool.

if gift cards are in the mix, then I hope we'd consider WHRRI bucks again. I hope to be frequenting WHRRI for a while.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby karnold » Tue May 14, 2013 7:12 am

While I imagine that to a first time winner a trophy is a meaningful keepsake, I have to believe that those who win them regularly would welcome usable trophies. Some of my favorites when Joel was actively racing were things like bag chairs, outdoor thermometers, wall clocks, picture frames, umbrellas and denim shirts. He still uses many of these, while the "trophy" trophies are packed up in a box in the attic. I have an extreme dislike for dusting, and there just isn't anywhere to display them anyway.

Who knows, maybe some exiting new stuff will entice Joel to finish a car and start racing again......
Kathy Arnold
karnold

Postby Lynn Bertin » Tue May 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Like Joel, I haven't raced in a while either but the wearables were always favorites. My trophies are also in a box and mean more to me than to most of the people from other parts of my life who saw them on a shelf when I had them out but I still wear my memories of wins long past to club events proudly.
Lynn Bertin
F&C
Lynn Bertin

WHRRI Member Number: 2042

Postby Randy » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Plaques and swag are great. Having them as options would be great.
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
Randy

WHRRI Member Number: 2564

Postby Joel Hershoren » Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Randy wrote:Plaques and swag are great. Having them as options would be great.

indeed,, plus rumor has it there may be a special surprise helper at the next trophy presentation.....:)
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Return to General Discussion