Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Time Trial Registration for Race Weekend 4

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Re: Time Trial Registration for Race Weekend 4

Postby Clutch » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 am

thekinn wrote:I see the 'morning/afternoon' schedule - Is there a schedule or order to the race weekend? ie. Class A, Class B, etc - knowing that the 'time' of the start is subject to change based on maintenance/etc..?

Also - is there a minimum required signup for this event? I only see 3 of us.. :/

Sorry for the late reply...

There is an order, there will be a sheet showing the classes and the planned time that they will run. I'll make sure to have a few extras available during the morning classroom.

No minimum for this weekend... we are running!
Clutch

Postby thekinn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 am

Very cool. Thanks! See you Saturday.
thekinn

Postby James Burks » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Clutch wrote:
thekinn wrote:Is there any process for picking a number for the car?

To keep things simple this first time we are going to assign a number... That number will be applied to the windshield and both rear passenger windows using a window marker. My reasons for that is there will be numbered race cars that may participate, and would mean duplicate numbers.

thanks!

Ed.

Got a F&C question about that. Though I could probably wait till sat i mines well ask this now before hand since I'm already here.

If a car would to say go off track and what not and we have to call it in would the Number we give be the number on the side the car (if it haves one) or will it be the number that is being used for the time trial on the windows.
James Burks

Postby Clutch » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:04 pm

You would use the window number... there may be multiple race cars with the same number/color combo on the track at the same time. We may want to specify "Window number XX" when it's called in just to be clear on these types of vehicles. I'll discuss with Lynn on Saturday to make sure that's what we want to do.

Thanks,

Ed.
Clutch

Postby James Burks » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 am

Ok I just thought I ask before hand. Just make sure the people who are writing the numbers make them as visible as possible. Got to take into account the transparency of the glass and the glare from the sun for the people who have to read it :P

See you Saturday
James Burks

Previous

Return to General Discussion