Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

First call for Vintage event help on game day.

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

First call for Vintage event help on game day.

Postby Joel Hershoren » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 am

Alright campers,
It's next weekend.

It's shaping up to be a nice little event, with some VERY cool cars.
Entries are still coming in.

Like always, we need help above and beyond the staff for a regular race weekend.
Any and all help is welcome.

Friday instructors and tour guides.
Saturday and Sunday - Empty trash cans, collect for touring laps, gate, and tons more.

Work bee hours and a great show.

Roll call!
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Re: First call for Vintage event help on game day.

Postby surratta » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

count me in for whatever on Sunday. I plan to be there on Saturday too, but probably only as a spectator.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby BILL WRITT » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:43 pm

We are hoping to be there late Thursday night
BILL WRITT

Postby karnold » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't mean to beat the "we need volunteers drum" again and again but here goes. Due to several legitimate reasons (surgery, family weddings, class reunions, health issues, girlfriends/spouses with other plans and a regional at Grattan) we are VERY light on known/confirmed volunteers for the vintage.

We can really use the support of any/all club members and need people to step up and help. This is the clubs biggest event of the year and is big for both OCSC and Waterford. This is not a typical race weekend that can be staffed with just the normal volunteers. We need our regulars and an additional beefed up group of volunteers. This event is bringing racers from as far as Florida, New Jersey, Iowa and various distant parts of Canada.

If you've never been to it, it is unlike anything you've seen on the OCSC grounds. The sights and sounds are pretty incredible. We anticipate 1000 or so spectators/crew/press to come through the gates and with that brings an added strain on the existing volunteer support staff. We need folks to drive grounds shuttles, trash/cleanup detail, gate & parking assistance, announcing, registration, tech, timing, and general hospitality. Help is also needed at the SCAMP Concours in the Park in Depot Park on Friday evening. (probably much more that I'm missing too) Oh, and we need people to instruct and acclimate new drivers on Friday morning,

Club members, this is a great and fun way to get your workbee hours. Non club members - if you just like to be around cool (and loud) vintage race cars, you are welcome to volunteer too! The last 2 years, my neighbor came out to help, just because he thinks its a cool event.

We feed you lunch and refreshments, and for those volunteering on Saturday, there is a volunteer dinner hosted by Danny Kellermeyer and the modern run group.

If you can help one or all days, any time you can give is appreciated. Please email us at whrrivintage@gmail dot com or post here if you can volunteer. If you want to get a feel for the types of cars you will see, check out the vintage Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/waterfordhillsvintage . Some pretty cool cars coming this year.

Thanks all
Kathy Arnold
karnold

Postby nsxgal » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Brian and I will be working F&C on Friday and Sunday. Since we have never been to the St. John's Concours d'Elegance, we have decided to attend the Italian Gathering on Saturday. Should be awesome, and it is SO close to home! 8)
Judi Bennett
Total car gal
nsxgal

Postby Corvairmechanic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Beth and I will be there, we just don't know if it will be F&C or racing yet! If racing then I/we will as the car/time allows.
Ken Hand
#22 Corvair/now #32
248-613-8586
http://www.corvairmechanic.com
Corvairmechanic

WHRRI Member Number: 2460

Postby greendot » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 am

I'll be there to help as needed Friday

Bruce W
Dr. Sheldon Cooper "The best # is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime #. Its mirror (37) is the 12th and its mirror (21) is 7 times 3
In binary, 73 it's a palindrome, 1001001 backwards is 1001001." like racecar
From the 73rd episode of Big Bang Theory
greendot

WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Postby john » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 am

I'll be up tomorrow night, I'll be flagging Saturday and Sunday but if there's anything that needs to get done I'll do my best to help out.
John Lakatos
Flagger/Ninja
john

Postby James Burks » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 am

I will be on the F&C crew come sat and sunday. Would be there Friday but Tigers game. I will also lend a hand for anything if needed during the weekend.
James Burks

Return to General Discussion