Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

turn six bleachers

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

turn six bleachers

Postby surratta » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 am

I doubt I'm the only one who's excited about some sun & rain protection which appears to be taking shape on the turn six bleachers. I didn't know that was in the works...
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: turn six bleachers

Postby SeniorPBA2B » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:03 pm

A bunch of us sat there on and off over the weekend. The canvas top appears to be laying there in a bag, with a ladder ... had we been a bit braver and a bit more ambitious it might have gotten installed. 8)

That's one of the cool things about Waterford Hills in that there are so many good places to spectate from.

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
SeniorPBA2B

Postby Joel Hershoren » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

The handy work of our "masters of conduit" , Rich Johnston and Bruce "high-wire" MacDonald .

The finished the tube work on Thursday. Watching Bruce balance on a ladder across his van to the bleachers was quite the site.

This are the folks who built our "Victory Lane"

It will be awesome when completed.

Any help folks want to give i am sure would be welcomed .

Cheers,

Joel
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Postby Bruce Race » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Sorry to all, I had planned on getting out to put the tarp on, but was out of town Friday(to be home same day), and it turned into a llllllllllong trip home late Saturday evening. I was exhausted Sunday.......Be back at it soon.......Thanks to Rich for all his help, and all the well-wishers!!!!
Bruce Race

Postby surratta » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:00 am

Joel Hershoren wrote:Watching Bruce balance on a ladder across his van to the bleachers was quite the site.

my first thought reading this was, "damn, that sounds dangerous." I actually do rate it up there with road racing, even open wheel. my second thought, though, was that I know lots of people who'd think I'm crazy even comparing the two.
surratta

Postby Bruce Race » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Attention......The T-6 tarp is on the frame!!!!!!!!(at least it was last night when I left!) The tarp looks a little thin, so don't forget your sunscreen.......can't guarantee the amount of "UV" protection.......Still a work in progress. Feel free to donate to the "Canopy fund", for future updates, and at some point a "heavier duty" tarp, and back mesh screening!!! Bruce
Bruce Race

Postby surratta » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 pm

awesome. who's collecting for the canopy fund?
surratta

Postby Bruce Race » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Well......I just kind-of through that idea out there. I need to get B.O.D. approval. BUT, it would be a good way to raise funds for that kind of improvement, seeing as we need to pave the track, and all resources will be channeled there!!!! Maybe Hill-top next? Thought I'd put a donation can / bucket out for the weekend, and see what comes of it! Maybe put a banner with names of participants(donors) on the stands?? Thinking out loud again!!!!! Bruce
Bruce Race

Return to General Discussion