We had a few challenges this weekend with the weather, a condensed schedule, 3x the previous participants, and a mad dash to figure out scoring!
By mid morning Saturday I thought for sure my weekend would end with a lynching with everything going on... Our Waterford team made sure that didn't happen, and it turned out to be one of the best race weekends I've worked at the track!
- Thank you Joel for postponing our qualifier so we could finish up tech on Saturday
- Thanks to Adam and Sean for promoting the event, taking care of tech and mentoring the participants... I really appreciate ALL the help you guys gave the program! Especially that last brainstorming session that finally opened the format up and made this weekend a success!
- Thanks to Anne for coming up with our scoring system
- Jerry for your patience and understanding (especially with the wacky ideas I tend to come up with at the end of a race day!)
- Massive thanks to Franz for bringing me up to speed on timing and scoring this weekend!
- To Lynn and our Corner Marshals for all the help getting the format worked out
- Ralph, Jason Kolk, Jay Pistana, and Joel for brainstorming this and pushing it to reality with the club and comp-board
- Larry and Tech - for your tolerance and help!
- Alan Faitel for inspiring that last push for this weekend
- All of the instructors, workers and club racers that gave our participants feedback and help
- Fire and Rescue - for the great care that was given to the few cars and drivers that needed assistance getting back to the paddock
- Pace Cars and Grid - Next season I'll try to keep the changes to a minimum!
- Start - I think we have all the conditions worked out now!
- The Kroms for sharing Registration time/space and hooking us up with transponders!
- Everyone else that gave me suggestions/guidance, and put up with me and the new program!
So far all of our participants have expressed their thanks to everyone at the track. They also said they plan on coming back next season!
We couldn't have pulled this off if it were not for the entire Waterford team!