Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Thanks from the Time Trial group!

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

Thanks from the Time Trial group!

Postby Clutch » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 am

What a crazy weekend!

We had a few challenges this weekend with the weather, a condensed schedule, 3x the previous participants, and a mad dash to figure out scoring!

By mid morning Saturday I thought for sure my weekend would end with a lynching with everything going on... Our Waterford team made sure that didn't happen, and it turned out to be one of the best race weekends I've worked at the track!

• Thank you Joel for postponing our qualifier so we could finish up tech on Saturday
  • Thanks to Adam and Sean for promoting the event, taking care of tech and mentoring the participants... I really appreciate ALL the help you guys gave the program! Especially that last brainstorming session that finally opened the format up and made this weekend a success!
  • Thanks to Anne for coming up with our scoring system
  • Jerry for your patience and understanding (especially with the wacky ideas I tend to come up with at the end of a race day!)
  • Massive thanks to Franz for bringing me up to speed on timing and scoring this weekend!
  • To Lynn and our Corner Marshals for all the help getting the format worked out
  • Ralph, Jason Kolk, Jay Pistana, and Joel for brainstorming this and pushing it to reality with the club and comp-board
  • Larry and Tech - for your tolerance and help!
  • Alan Faitel for inspiring that last push for this weekend
  • All of the instructors, workers and club racers that gave our participants feedback and help
  • Fire and Rescue - for the great care that was given to the few cars and drivers that needed assistance getting back to the paddock
  • Pace Cars and Grid - Next season I'll try to keep the changes to a minimum!
  • Start - I think we have all the conditions worked out now!
  • The Kroms for sharing Registration time/space and hooking us up with transponders!
  • Everyone else that gave me suggestions/guidance, and put up with me and the new program!

So far all of our participants have expressed their thanks to everyone at the track. They also said they plan on coming back next season!

We couldn't have pulled this off if it were not for the entire Waterford team!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Clutch
Clutch

Re: Thanks from the Time Trial group!

Postby Joel Hershoren » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 am

Clutch, nice post.

You left one person off the list.

You.

You made us look brilliant.
From the moment i "hired" you, to the very end of the season, your effort and commitment to the program is beyond outstanding.

Well done.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Postby 924RACR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 am

+1 to that, very impressed with how this went, for a first time through!

Though I have to admit, I nearly got caught out by the 6PM shutdown time on Sunday - not used to running to the last minute of the day! LOL
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#65 DSR Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
924RACR

WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Postby ARLager71285 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 am

To Clutch, Joel, and the Waterford Hills family,

Thank you for all your efforts with Time Trials. Sean and I were happy to be a part of it, and look forward to continuing the class next year. We both feel it is a fantastic way to promote the sport and the track. Joel calls Waterford Hills racing "crack", TT is the gateway drug. I know the word will spread through the AutoX community, as well as the track day faithfuls! Congrats on a great season... is spring here yet?!?!

Adam
Crew - #37 Neon
ARLager71285

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:51 pm

NO NO Clutch you are the MAN !!!
Alan Faitel
4 Time Waterfordhills.com raceway Champion
If you Cant Win the Race, then practicing Your Drifting
Alan

WHRRI Member Number: 2158

Postby Clutch » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 am

Thanks guys... but remember - this thread is about thanking YOU!

This program worked out because of the advise, encouragement and support provided by this club. And in my eyes that's where 90% of the credit belongs!
Clutch

Postby fastbackss » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Clutch - don't be so humble. You really made this "seem seamless."

I personally am appreciative of all the time you took to answer questions, provide explanations, and try to sort things out on the fly (especially given the difficulties with trying to use a car that was competing).

Adam and Sean - big thanks for pushing me to do it, and going out of your way to help during the day.

I also want to thank all the workers, not just on course, but grid, timing, etc. I can't tell you how many were friendly, personable, and made sure to remind me I should be having a good time.

It was fun, and I would do it again...

-Mike (the Neon with the fun tyre wall marks on the side)
fastbackss

Return to General Discussion