Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

C.O.T.A.Vintage Races last weekend

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

C.O.T.A.Vintage Races last weekend

Postby stevesteeb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:28 pm

I think its pretty cool to see a guy I've raced against on the Podium at an F1 Support Race! And having said that - Tim Gaffney finished second both Saturday and Sunday in the Vintage Race in support of the U. S. Gran Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin. On Sunday he even led quite a bit of the race. Congratulations!
stevesteeb

Re: C.O.T.A.Vintage Races last weekend

Postby Racing Stuff » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 am

Tim told me he had a great time. Finished 2nd Sunday with his 1980 March F/Atl. because he had a header break (took a whole section out) and the power dropped.
It was interesting to note from one of his "in-car" photos before the start, the Lotus F-1 mechanics up against the fence to watch !
I asked him what they had to say when he drove up pulling his little "open wheel" trailer. They said he had to park the trailer in another lot, they didn't want the helicopter photo's of the paddock showing anything but "rigs" and enclosed trailers. This is the same trailer he got from Bob Pierson (who was there in his normal capacity) when he bought Bob's old Lola S-2, and the one he totes his CFC Reynard around here with.
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
Racing Stuff

Re: C.O.T.A.Vintage Races last weekend

Postby Dave Lewis » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:07 am

How cool is that. A budget racer (relatively speaking) kicking ass. Way to go Tim.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Return to General Discussion