Race School - 2016

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Bruce Race

Race School - 2016

Post by Bruce Race » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:32 am

Thank - you to all that participated in this past weekend's school! It was very well attended, and very well received! I stood in for John Sunday afternoon and enjoyed every minute of the certificate signings. All smiles and relief from the graduates!!.... We can be very proud of ALL our WHRRI group. To John Blanchard....My SINCERE Thanks, job well done!!!! Bruce MacDonald, WHRRI, D.O.R.
Last edited by Bruce Race on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Re: Race School - 2016

Post by 924RACR » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am

+1 - very nice job to all! I was particularly impressed by the students, not only the turnout but how well everyone learned to work together to get through school fairly cleanly!

I think this shows our OTD and Time Trials programs are really working out well; students show up with more experience and readiness to really excel in school - as well as more of them, to boot...

My only regret is so many students showing up for the school, then hitting the highway and driving so far to go back home, instead of sticking around and continuing to race with us at Waterford!
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com

ralong2

Post by ralong2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am

The organization, enthusiasm, and instruction was beyond my expectation. I was certainly the most novice of the novices and was never made to feel out of place or inferior. I received personal attention and constant feedback throughout the process from all the Group 3 instructors - THANK YOU!! I could never have graduated though without the unbelievable support of my fellow IT7 drivers who came to my rescue with serial mechanical issues and logistics: Bruce Wentzel and Alan Faitel. I must recognize Chris and Don Pollum who drove over an hour to fetch and install a spare alternator during the worker's break Sunday to get me on track without missing a session. I am still speechless. This was my first taste of this organization in action, and I was nothing short of blown away. Thanks again everyone.
Robert Long #97 IT7

Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:37 am

Well done indeed.
I was lucky enough to clear my plate as to be able to attend for my favorite part, the Sunday School Races.
A good deal of situation awareness, a lot of contact DID NOT happen . Even when a car spun, a car did everything it could to try and avoid the other car but had no room either side, damn near put their car on it's nose, only to get the worst of it ( A Saturn, poor fella ). These things happen, nice to see rookies do everything they can to try NOT to have contact.
Impressed with how many cars completed the whole school. A little attrition, but not much when one checks the car count.
Lot's of smiling faces and intact race cars being loaded. That is a good school.
Hoping JB and Jerry can take a breath and relax now.

What Vaughn said, OTD and TT are good feeder systems to the race club. Do not forget one can instruct ( help ) at O.T.D. , and pick up more work bee hours. Ed Frank can never have too much help.

Robert Long, glad you got the " Waterford spirit " from the IT-7 gang. Thanks for sharing your weekend overview.

Cheers,

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 am

Yes, great job all around!

It looks like we had about a dozen new folks attend the F&C School too, so that also bodes well for our future 8)
Last edited by Brian on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Racing Stuff

Post by Racing Stuff » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:57 pm

School Boss
Track Boss
Thank you for your help and all the others it takes to run this event.
Attachments
DSC06398-B.JPG
DSC06376-J.JPG
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com