Vintage Race Workbee

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Rich Johnson
WHRRI Member Number: 1981

Vintage Race Workbee

Post by Rich Johnson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:33 am

The workbee scheduled for the Vintage is planned for Saturday July 15 at 10 AM. Bring along weed wackers, chain saws and a willingness to work hard. As usual much needs to be done to get the property ready for Vintage Race Visitors. I'll provide Donuts and Beer to typical energy food necessary to keep volunteers motivated.
Cheers,
Rich Johnson, Exalted Lawn Mower and Bathroom Attendant.

surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: Vintage Race Workbee

Post by surratta » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 am

beer and donuts?! I'm in!
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll

Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Re: Vintage Race Workbee

Post by Joel Hershoren » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 am

A quick note of thanks on behalf of the Vintage event for all who came and chipped in.
I know Rich will rightfully weigh in, but thanks all.
The Bikers Against Child Abuse group was out in full force, and they out numbered the club members.
Rich had 2 pages of tasks, and all where dealt with. I enjoyed watching Rich almost overwhelmed with the head count trying to keep folks busy.

All one can offer from a pulpit, is when a young lass entering 5th grade has more work bee hours than you do, ,,,,
She was a hoot. She stencil painted, mopped, and helped wash the Blue tractor. The best part was when she demanded to know why the tires did not need to be washed. Suffice to say, we washed the tires.

On another note, if Ed Murray is not Sportsman of the year, i do not know who is.
He resurrected and also created the 2 Signs on trailers, and has been the spearhead on the new paddock booth as recycled from the hilltop boutique .
Notice, he has not raced yet this year. Ed has had good help from Jerry Pintar and Chip Bleim ( and others to be sure )
Thanks folks, Lena's new booth looks great.