Crack Patching, One More Time

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Rich Johnson
WHRRI Member Number: 1981

Crack Patching, One More Time

Post by Rich Johnson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 am

It looks like tomorrow Thursday offers a window of opportunity to use up our final 55 gallon barrel of patching material. Temp be be a problem early so NOON is the starting time. If I can get a minimum of 5 volunteers we can do the job without killing anybody. Please respond and let me know who can make it.
Thanks,
Rich Johnson

BT Racing

Re: Crack Patching, One More Time

Post by BT Racing » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:45 am

Count me in.

surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 pm

wish I could... sorry...
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll

Rich Johnson

Post by Rich Johnson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

This isn't looking good for tomorrow. We're only up to 3 folks. Unfortunately the temp isn't forecast to be above 50 degrees again for at least 10 days. Than who knows if we'll see warmer temps again. If noon doesn't work aim for 1 or 2 P.M.
Cheers,
Rich

Rich Johnson

Post by Rich Johnson » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 am

Well I understand it was Thursday but the turn-out was still less than hoped. 3 folks joined me filling another 1000 feet of track with crack filler. Thanks to Jim, Tom and Ron for pitching in with this most important job. It looks like this may be out last volunteer patching effort this year. Weather may be the biggest reason with temps remaining below the 50 degree minimum.
Given that there still remains more that 4000 feet that need attention we may be forced to go outside and hire a Hot Patch company to complete the task. While I've never been a big fan of commercial grade patching material the greater need is to fill the cracks before water can penetrate the bad areas. Hopefully with 6 months before the track sees traffic the the commercial material will pose no risk for coming out if the cracks.
Keep the Faith and Thanks again to all the volunteers that made time to help out.
Cheers,
Rich Johnson
The Leader of a mighty Small Pack