Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

WHRR Drivers School 2013 Group 1

Photos, videos, any other multimedia stuffs

WHRR Drivers School 2013 Group 1

Postby TealTuna » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am

I wanted to start this so the guys n' gal from Group1 of the driver's school could share their pictures, thoughts, and most importantly videos from this weekend's driver's school.

I'm still on a high from the weekend and have 24GB of in-car to go through. I'm going to try and upload an uncut version of the final race for group1 from my car which was an absolute blast.... And awesome to see the progression from the drivers that I saw on track day1 vs. the drivers I 'raced' against on day2 was really great.

Unfortunately I can't post much of anything right now at work but I hope others are willing to share their pics n vids on here.

P.S. Thanks everyone for not running into the tiny yellow thing in their mirrors - I can't imagine how difficult it was to see me and I tried to keep that in mind the best I could while making passes. I think I need one of those OFV flags like a dunebuggy. :shock:

My good friend also took some stills from a couple sessions Day1 so I'll try and post those here also when he gets them to me (he's slowwww)

Godspeed everyone.

I'll start it with one quick cellphone pic from after the last race session: Racecars always look better dirty.
Ryan - Yellow Spitfire #46
Attachments
IMAG0684_(800_x_600).jpg
Kristoff Spitfire Drivers School Post Race 2013
#46 F-Prod Triumph Spitfire
Acura Integra Trackwhore
10' Mazdaspeed3 Daily Fun
TealTuna

Re: WHRR Drivers School 2013 Group 1

Postby nsxgal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey Ryan,
We were working in the esses yesterday, and you were looking GREAT through there! Our crew was amused at how much steering input you had to make on quite a few occasions! :P
You really made great progress from Saturday to Sunday, and we look forward to seeing you out there next weekend.
Good luck, and keep on entertaining us!
Judi (F&C worker)
Judi Bennett
Total car gal
nsxgal

Postby TealTuna » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Okay here is the in-car from the last session of the weekend.
I'm now catching mistakes I wasn't completely noticing while out there - but more importantly I'm noticing my extensive use of the "hang loose" hand gesture

http://youtu.be/_hhkOyPMr80 (not sure how to make it display the youtube plugin on this site)

Jodi, thanks for the compliments - you'll see there was plenty of steering input through the whole session 8)
Unfortunately I won't be out there next weekend. I am going to try and make at least one waterford weekend but also SCCA weekends for my license credit.

Enjoy
Acura Integra Trackwhore
TealTuna

Postby surratta » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

great video. great race too!
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 pm

That looked like fun, and most importantly if anybody indeed was 'hanging loose' out there........it was you!

Glad you're hooked :mrgreen:
Brian
Brian

WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Postby TealTuna » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Nobody else from G1 willing to share a vid or pix? I know I saw some gopro's through the hatchglass ;-)

Also noted (learned) that I will be much less active with my hand signals in a race. I don't want to confuse any corner workers thinking something is wrong or wondering what's going on. I was just a little drunk on adrenaline there.. Just a simple wave on a cool-down lap or where needed :-)
Acura Integra Trackwhore
TealTuna

Postby TealTuna » Fri May 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Okay got a couple pictures from http://www.simariphotography.com
Attachments
Tealfire-101_(800_x_600).jpg
Tealfire-102_(800_x_600).jpg
Tealfire-105_(800_x_600).jpg