Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

SCCA Majors at MIS

Photos, videos, any other multimedia stuffs

SCCA Majors at MIS

Postby dahlemt » Mon May 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi,

What a great showing by Waterford racers this weekend. It's been almost 20 years since MIS was reconfigured for road racing. That means this is a first time experience for most of these racers and they definitely made the most of it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/54dahlemt/SCCAMajorsAtMIS2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have another 200 images available for this event. Please send me a PM if you're interesting in seeing more images of your car.

Enjoy!

Tom

Michael Novak #9 put on quite a show throughout the weekend. His chief competitors were #68 and #77. He finished 2nd in both Points races and frequent lead changes kept the spectators on their feet.

Ralph Provitz and Jon Staudacher drove their DSRs to a pair of 1st/2nd place finishes.

Winners were presented with trophies and champagne immediately following their races. Many drivers were not shy about enjoying the moment by soaking their fellow competitors. Towels were conveniently handed out once the spraying died down.

Rob Allaer captured a pair of 1st place finishes in the FC class.

A number of familiar faces were seen manning the turns throughout the weekend.

Danny Kellermeyer had 2nd and 3rd place finishes in the T1 class. Both T1 races were won by John Buttermore, a two time national champion. Danny was interviewed by a reporter from News 10 in Lansing and the story aired Sunday evening at 11p. Here is a link to that story. http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/Amateur-Racers-Spend-Holiday-Weekend-at-MIS-209067771.html

Andy McDermid does a burnout at the start of his victory lap after winning Sunday's AS Points race.
dahlemt

Re: SCCA Majors at MIS

Postby surratta » Mon May 27, 2013 6:36 pm

pretty damn cool.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby rallaer » Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Tom - it was good to finally meet you at MIS! Always great pictures. If you are at Waterford next race weekend, please try to find me. I would love to buy some pictures from you. They are truly artistic!

Thanks again!

Rob
Rob Allaer
FC #52
rallaer

WHRRI Member Number: 1799

Postby 38Bfast » Tue May 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Wow Tom what great shots. The Waterford gang of drivers were well represented at MIS this past weekend. It certainly holds true if you are fast at Waterford you are going to be fast most every ware you go.
V2 Motorsports
Ralph Provitz
2008 Spec Miata Champion
2008 WH top 10
38 DSR
Ralph@v2motorsports.com
38Bfast

Return to Multimedia