2021 Great Lakes Challenge - Group 6 Video

Photos, videos, any other multimedia stuffs
toolo4sno

2021 Great Lakes Challenge - Group 6 Video

Post by toolo4sno »

I promise this is a legit Youtube link. I know it looks silly and there isn't a direct link option on this forum, but it's real. If I got half of the people who click this forum's link to watch the video; I'd actually have decent view numbers. It's real I promise. If you came for onboard video from a WHRRI race then this is your link.

Sunday class race. This one I went a little overboard and added fake commercials. I had more fun than usual making this video.
https://youtu.be/d4qBkddQTMU
badrocco16v
WHRRI Member Number: 2701

Re: 2021 Great Lakes Challenge - Group 6 Video

Post by badrocco16v »

Hey Peter, nice touch with the commercials.
Curtis
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta »

the whole thing is awesome, but my favorite part is actually having Greg's commentary. I've been thinking for a while that that would make an awesome addition to my in-car videos. have I ever followed through to record him?... well, ummm....
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
toolo4sno

Post by toolo4sno »

Overlaying the local commentary is the easiest part. It's find the green flag, align and cut as needed making sure to keep everything time aligned. This is over course using a Non-linear video editing program like Vegas, Premier or other. I used a simple hand held voice recorder; not my nice Tascam DR40s used in the car. I put it in the dynamic/music mode due to the loud cars and found a speaker away from most action that had decent volume and coverage from wind. I did use a nicer external mic, but I imagine in a pinch the built-in ones work fine. The speaker I went with is under the Frase Pavilion on the counter top. I have used the speaker near my paddock spot, but the cars rushing by killed all commentary and the wind on the pole was brutal.
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian »

Fantastic work, thanks!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta »

with a little effort (i.e., don't count on me if you know what's good for you), I bet we could pull a line off the PA box in the tower. I'm not sure that would be better ambiance than what you have already, but it would certainly be higher quality audio. you just might have to add your own delay and EQ-ing to the audio track...
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll