Maybe next year?

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
SeniorPBA2B

Maybe next year?

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

I'm almost thinking that the K.G. Motorsports team is nearly ready for a new challenge. Sean and I have access to a Spec Neon for a very good price that is race ready all but the NASCAR door bar upgrade to the cage and a fresh set of belts. I'm wondering how much $$$ I need to wrestle from our sponsors to make the switch from autocrossing 15+ events a season to road racing six events at Waterford.

I see the driver school is $330 ... how much more should I factor into the equation for stuff like firesuit, shoes, gloves, etc., tires, brakes and other car maintenance, transponder equipment, etc.? Also, what if we decided to run ITA instead? (Trust me, I'm realistic about the expectations of the unexpected when it comes to car repairs and fixing stuff that gets broken.) Thanks for your input.

Jim Kidd
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
Greg Krom
WHRRI Member Number: 1314

Re: Maybe next year?

Post by Greg Krom »

Jim,

I have a spreadsheet documenting the expenses of my normal Spec Neon seasons. I'll dig that up and send it over to you. Racing a Spec Neon at Waterford can be done awfully reasonably - in relative terms of course!
SeniorPBA2B

Re: Maybe next year?

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Thanks Greg.

I'm not sure about sentences that have both "awfully" and "reasonably" in them. "Normal" seasons? Not so sure you want to share the "abnormal" seasons? :lol:

On the serious side, I'm well aware of the rules about the costs of auto racing ... the one I use:

"Whatever you think it will cost, double it. And however long you think it will take to do something, double it." 8)

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."