Incident Reports

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
stevesteeb

Incident Reports

Post by stevesteeb »

As many of you know - Waterford Hills Rules require any Drivers having Metal-to-Metal contact during a session to report to Tech. and fill out an Incident Report. I have been asked a few times over the winter "What happens to these - I filled one out but nothing happened...". Here's an explanation.

These are pretty much only seen by the Chief Steward. There is no reason for anyone else to see them. It could prevent someone from having an open mind if called upon to Judge a Protest if they were reading them all. The Chief Steward keeps a file of them and uses them to track repeat offenders. He doesn't like hearing Drivers say "that guy runs into me all the time!" when we "Officially" have no record of it and so he has never heard of it. If YOU didn't file a Protest; if no Corner Station found it note-worthy and so no F&C Report was filed; and if the Stewards didn't see it from the Tower then in the past it didn't "officially" happen. With Incident Reports, there is now another reporting system - one that relies on the protagonists to fill-in a form. Yes, we have added another layer in the paper-trail but I have been assured that Dick DID use these to talk to a number of Drivers last season and he did see some changes in driving. We will continue them this season and appreciate your co-opeartion and feed-back.

steve
2012 WHRRI Director of Racing