Scales?

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
SeniorPBA2B

Scales?

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Sorry for all the noobie questions ... but I have another:

Will scales be available before Run Group One goes out on course for qualifying on Saturday morning? I have no idea what our car weighs with the additional side door bars and other mods made during the off-season. It would be nice to know how much ballast we need to make the 2,450 lb. Spec Neon minimum before taking to the track. (I took the car to the local landscaping place today which supposedly has "certified" scales but I seriously question the accuracy of the number they gave me.) Thanks.

Jim Kidd
#37 SN
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
MJNOVA

Re: Scales?

Post by MJNOVA »

Jim,

We are a ways from you, but you are welcome to scale your car up here tonight. We will more then likely working until 8:00pm or so..

Roush
1750 Brown Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48357

Mike Novak 734-748-2479
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Can't tonight ... I have an engine to put back together before the weekend starts.

A friend of mine bought a 1970 Plymouth Duster for his son who is graduating from the Air Force Academy. The previous owner swapped out the slant six for a 318 V8. I'm installing a pair of 360 heads, an Edelbrock manifold with a 650 Holley carb, headers and dual exhaust ... and cleaning up some screwed wiring under the dash.

Thanks for the offer.

Jim
stevesteeb

Post by stevesteeb »

Rest assured that the Scales will not be set-up before Qualifying. The Tech Area will be busy trying to get everyone else's cars teched so they also can get on track. Check with us after lunch... THANK-YOU. steve
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Aren't the cars weighed after qualifying to avoid guys running light for a better starting grid position ... and then adding ballast later as needed? :roll:

Jim