race weekend 3, yep that dreaded "weather" word

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

race weekend 3, yep that dreaded "weather" word

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Weather shows possible storms for the next 7 days. Plan accordingly. Bring extra stakes for canopies. Be as on time as possible to help us utilize all clear time as possible. ( Remember, we cannot operate with thunder or lightning present for obvious and some not obvious reasons )

It's not here yet, and it's only a forecast. But odds are good with that many days consecutive , that it will hit us a some point. RAIN GOOD, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING not good.

I feel bad for those opting for Nelson Ledges this weekend. While i wish them all well, have fun, ( drink their beer - take their trophies ) , not a place i would want to be in wet weather.
Great track, but,,,

See you all this weekend.
BTW,, Cynthia outdid her self on trophies,,, stay tuned.
Doug Anthony took delivery ,has seen them, and he said the count may be short by one, ( hahaha )

Joel
James Burks

Re: race weekend 3, yep that dreaded "weather" word

Post by James Burks »

Hate to be a bringer of bad news but, it seems as if we will be getting Rain...

According to the National Weather Services (NWS located here: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... djTnDu1GWl ) We will likely be getting rain after 12 along with a possible chances of thunderstorms. Good news is that the rain will be less then a tenth of a inch. Remember as long as lighting and thunder is not in the area the races will be going. Best be smart and pack a hoodie or something to keep the rain off ya.

(Small side note i will finally be returning to Waterford Hills after missing the first few events :D)