race weekend 3 afterglow.

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

race weekend 3 afterglow.

Post by Joel Hershoren »

More folks in the first win column.

Congrats to Phil Mather in spec neon. Saturday then Sunday Morning. Congrats!
No small feat having Sean Grogan in your mirrors for 20 laps.

Quick shout out to Ryan Kristoff. No first win (yet) but at his first race event after going thru drivers school displayed some excellent poise.
I watched him at school and this weekend, and was very impressed both times with his decision making. Many times he avoided on track potentional problems, not taking chances and just making sure the car came home intact. He was rewarded by his calm head and good instincts by running 2nd overall in the gp5 feature race.
Plus, another nice "kid" racing out of the Waterford paddock. His father raced nationals for years, let's hope they call Waterford "home"

The rain and storms pretty much skipped us.
Amazing with the forecast pre-weekend. At one point we were surrounded by it, yet only got a sprinkle.

Turnout was as expected for a 4 day holiday weekend.
No matter, i remind you all of last years schedule. Nice having some real space between club racing weekends.

Nice having fun at trophies. We had a surprise visit from wait for it,,,,, RANDY SHAW !
Yes, It happened! His new middle name is "yay"replacing "boo".
Now the announcer has a new victim to address for not attending. Paging Tom Deihm , paging Tom Deihm. ( hehehehe)
Congrats to Bob Spencer for winning the Southern Motors Hard Charger Award. Will deserved. We had a lot of ballots ( nice ) spread around 3 drivers.

Thankful that Matt was back to call play by play. Gave me a chance to ramp it back a bit.

Anybody else ?

Cheers,
Joel
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: race weekend 3 afterglow.

Post by surratta »

Grogan / Mather was exciting...

Jim Lamb holding off Chris Bargman in the feature... I got tired just watching that...

Mattias Krause and Randy Shaw, pretty much all weekend...

I, too, was impressed by Ryan K... you better get ready, Garret, he's coming...

I wasn't at trophies and dunno what the Hard Charger votes were like... but I hope Kyle Jones at least got an honorable mention after rolling his car on Saturday and having it back and ready (and not looking half bad) for Sunday's races. rolling on your first race lap of your first race weekend after completing school... ugh... he said he had lots of overnight help from the other Neon guys. that's not a surprise anymore, but I still love hearing that kind of stuff.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Not only did Kyle get his car back running again, I believe he was less than a second behind Grogan in pace on the course, starting 3rd on the grid for the feature!

It was fun running with Phil this weekend (he only rubbed us once on the RF sidemarker lense tape in Swamp 8) ) ... but with a few words of wisdom from Mr. Childs we might be able to make "The Banana" a little quicker for Race #4. :mrgreen: Hopefully Lee Stouse will show up.

Jim Kidd
#37 SN
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
TealTuna

Post by TealTuna »

Joel and Andrew thanks a bunch for the compliments I really appreciate it. I'm glad to have the feedback and just need to get FASTER!! Looking back at the videos I am catching mistakes and improvements for next time. Hope to catch Garrett soon! But before that we need to fix the motor which turned into a 3cylinder on lap 13 of the feature :-/ when holding a solid 2nd place.

Good work getting the neon back together guys - makes the weekend more memorable than putting it on the trailer!

Hopefully I can come play again soon
#46 GTL Honda CRX-GT
BILL WRITT

Post by BILL WRITT »

I know kyle got at least a couple of votes, quite a first weekend
Racing Stuff

Post by Racing Stuff »

Chris Bargman first win !
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Yes indeed . Kyle Jones had many votes in the box. On many weekends would have won it. Bob Cross placed 2nd in voting for actions off the race track. ( bringing Bruce Bannister's car back to life under the 5 warning ) I heard it was quite exciting.

Yes, Chris Bargman and Jim Lamb had a heck of a battle. both found out other side of 12 laps can be brutal.
Correct me if i am wrong. I know Chris had a F-Vee win, i thought he had a F-C win as well.
If not congrats on your first F-C win!.
Jim Lamb

Post by Jim Lamb »

My hat off to Chris Bargman. We qualified within .013 of each other so I knew we would have a race but it was way better than that. We went through turn 6 and all the way around paddock turn side by side. Good clean race & was as much fun as you can have in a race car. We all want a faster lap time but 2 or more cars racing together is great fun. I even tried to play the old man card (3 times his age) but he certainly gave me all I could handle. Hope to see you next month Chris.
CG-Lock Racer

Post by CG-Lock Racer »

Thanks! Now that I have the car running for a whole weekend, I can start concentrating on making it fast :P It was great racing with Sean this weekend. I was driving just fast enough and making the car just wide enough to keep him behind :mrgreen: . If it wasn't for a fuel starve in the Esses on the last lap Sunday morning, he wouldn't have gotten next to me. I'm glad Kyle was OK and able to run after Saturday's roll. I'm looking forward to next time!

EDIT: Just smack talking here...Can't wait for next time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by CG-Lock Racer on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racing Stuff

Post by Racing Stuff »

Chris told me this was his first win. Maybe he saw the F/vee events of last year, when he was the only vee entered as not the same as when there are others in your class to race with ?
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
Bruce Race

Post by Bruce Race »

Nice alignment & set-up!!!!!!!