Time Trial Challenge

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
ldunk

Time Trial Challenge

Post by ldunk »

I was a participant in the inaugural Time Trial Challenge this past weekend and I wanted to say "thanks" to Clutch, the Competition Board, and the entire WHRRI family. Thanks for opening up some track time for the TTC, and thank you for your welcome.

I admit that on the drive to the track I was wondering how an "OTD guy" and a "new guy" would be received. It turns out that the answer is -- "Warmly!"

Special thanks to Clutch for organizing this event, and for shepherding it through the process to get it included on Race Weekend. He did a fantastic job, and the event went smoothly thanks to his efforts.

With the exception of the unfortunate ending of our event, it was a great weekend - I'm told the weather is always like that, right?

Lorne Dunkley
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: Time Trial Challenge

Post by surratta »

ldunk wrote:I'm told the weather is always like that, right?
yep. we have a special arrangement with NOAA. our weather steward has been active in their Road Racing Accommodations division for several years.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
Sean r/t

Post by Sean r/t »

Lorne, as Joel mentioned during trophies, our entire club is happy you made the trip. Your BMW is a fantastic car, and you drove it tremendously in all three sessions. It was great meeting you, and I apologize we didn't have official results with a trophy at the clubhouse after dinner.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
ldunk

Post by ldunk »

Thank you for the compliments - it is a very fun little car.!

There is certainly no need to apologize for the results/trophy. Clutch was helping out with the car that suffered at the end of our session so he wasn't able to get over to the clubhouse. Just another example of how he really threw himself into the event!
thekinn

Post by thekinn »

I second everything you said, Lorne. Nice meeting you, and competing with you. It was a lot of fun.. you know.. until the end. :) Congrats on the win! I think I could have taken you if I had finished that lap. Next time.
ldunk

Post by ldunk »

Oh, Steve. That was not the way anyone wanted to see the day end. Glad to hear you and your car will be back!