race weekend 6 : looking forward.

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

race weekend 6 : looking forward.

Post by Joel Hershoren »

I call it Championship weekend/ Reunion weekend. Lot's of club old timers come out this one time a year to spectate

First, we are shorthanded in two vital areas before we open the gates.

1. Barb Diehl cannot attend. Franz Lieder has been helping in T and S, but will need help now himself.
Air conditioned when it's hot, Dry when it's wet out, Shade for those sensitive to Sun. I will never fathom why more folks do not help out there, even for half days.

2. Announcer Matt will not be on hand, something about getting Married. It would be great if somebody stepped in here. I would hate to think about the last race event of the year without play by play.

3. It's REALLY LATE in the process of things, but i put a few ideas in the CLUBHOUSE section regarding Co-driver race(s) next weekend. Quick response is vital for us to do something.
Take a look, see what you think.

Cheers, and more later,,,Joel
bob hofmann
WHRRI Member Number: 1286

Re: race weekend 6 : looking forward.

Post by bob hofmann »

Joel, I will not be racing, so Cynthia can help in T&S. saving the car for Mid-O the following weekend.
Bob Hofmann
#06 2010, 2011 and 2012 GT-1 Champion
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Excellent! Sorry to hear you are not racing that weekend. Thanks for stepping up !
The Crew Chief
WHRRI Member Number: 2677

Post by The Crew Chief »

Hi Joel,
I am very interested in filling in for Matt. Obviously as much as I wish I could do it, I can't call the race while I am racing group 3. I would love the opportunity to announce a couple of run groups. Defiantly group 1 & 5. If my car turns into an attention drama queen, I will have to tend to it. Other then that would love to do it. Perhaps some other drivers out there can step up and call one or two run groups, and will just keep handing off the torch. I would love to have you as the central M.C. to help with the seg-way from announcer to announcer through out the course of the days.
I wish I could just take it over for the weekend but it takes time to prep the car before you strap in.

Let me know if this will help and if you wish to deploy me for this task.
Thanks
Rodger Outland
Fast Frog Racing
ITA # 33

"55 is an un-safe speed... Slow enough to make you feel safe, but fast enough to kill you"
greendot
WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Post by greendot »

So you plan to announce the same as you drive? "Defiantly" :lol:
Sheldon Cooper "Leonard, friends are like toilet paper. It's good to have spares under the sink."