well, that was interesting,

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

well, that was interesting,

Post by Joel Hershoren »

I cannot remember a weekend like that one in a long time.

Cold, windy, wet, sunny, cloudy, in changing variables every 15 minutes ( or so it seemed )

Excellent Volunteer turn out in all locations, hopefully making the new Director of Racing's easy on his first club weekend.

Cold track temps, wet track, high winds gusts seemed to reach and grab a few cars.
Hoping those drivers effected are just sore today, and nothing else.

Students from the 2014 school that attended weekend 1 did a nice job, well done.

OUTSTANDING Time Trial turnout on Sunday. The attendance by that group a trophies was the strongest of any run group.
A. Welcome to the weekends ( a lot of new faces ), B, Thanks for attending trophies.

Public Service announcement # 1
IF you need to leave your car at the track for picking up post event, please do not leave it on the parent club grounds for longer than 24 Hours.
If that need should arise ( and it should be very rare,) please notify Doug Anthony or Rich Johnston on who, what, why, and when it will be picked up.
They will advise you on an approved location for the vehicle.

Public Service announcement # 2
Who ever is touching service valves on the tower building, please stop.
It has happened more than once. Effecting Water pressure, and air hose pressure.
There is no need to touch them, and since it has happened more than once, it can only be looked at as childish vandalism.
Touching them has no positive effect, and creates work, aggravation, and costs for the club.
Please let this be the first and last time we speak of this topic.

Shout outs.
3 different winners in Spec Miata
Nice to see IT-7 making a come back.
Matt Wolff having fun in IT-B, as an IT-C cars. I hope some IT-C cars come out to play with Matt, he would prefer to race in class.
Some TT folks from last year, racing this year. The idea by concept works. Stay the course ( imho )

Hoping things with wings was a fluke weekend.
Some new rules for Sports racers may be causing some delay, and some not completed race cars in all classes in that group hit that group hard for weekend 1

First time i can recall EVER, no Mustang in IT-B. Sad day. Time marches on.

Spec Neon is getting tighter.
Sean has not slowed down ( as if he knows how ), he rest of the group is getting faster.
Spec Neon and IT-7 seem to still be best bang for buck in tin tops.
t3894kj

Re: well, that was interesting,

Post by t3894kj »

Great weekend! Group 5 was a lot of fun to watch, almost makes me want to get a Dorito powered machine or more likely slap a STL on the side of the Neon. Happy to see John Edgell go fast in Spec Neon, now I have two drivers to chase. The drenching at trophies... totally worth it.

Look forward to another great season of WHRRI racing!

Kyle Jones
#13 SN
Kyle Jones
#13 SN
Sean r/t

Post by Sean r/t »

Outstanding drive by John in the #06 in his first weekend racing the car. Looking forward to more Spec Neon battles in the future. I posted the feature race video in the multi-media section.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Sean,
Agreed. Young John has much to be proud of.
Race operations aside, thanks for posting the video.
I forwarded it to a student to study for the " do it like this ".
Nice line , and all that goes with it. ( entry/exit speeds, drifts, shift points, the whole package )
Fwd students ,and low power to weight folks , ( okay ALL students ) this is a good one to study.
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Wanted to add a quick couple more shout outs , All of a Canadian flavor.

Nice to see all of you after a LONG winter.

Bob Robinson, thanks for the "Tunnel BBQ " supplies and being my "Ed McMahon" at trophies.
Sherry Pagani, thanks for getting the Sleeman's, and letting Alex take credit for it :)
Bill and Kathy Writt,, it is not the same if you guys are not there, we missed you.

back to the program,,
BILL WRITT

Post by BILL WRITT »

Joel, there will be 1 mustang returning to ITB, with a new owner/driver, Kathy & I will be there next race weekend ,we really missed being there last weekend, but had a wedding that had son, daughter in law & 3 grandkids in the wedding party, so not an option to miss it.
Bill
J-Eggo3
WHRRI Member Number: 2656

Post by J-Eggo3 »

I had an absolute blast this weekend! Glad I was able to keep up with you guys! It feels great to be back after a two year hiatus from racing. I'm looking forward to more close racing with everyone in the Spec Neon group. Great bunch of guys! I posted my perspective of the feature race as a reply to Sean's thread in the multi-media section.
John Edgell
#14 OMS DSR
#06 Spec Neon
Former ITS #13 RX-7
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

More to add after a few days.

While T-T had more cars than 2 run groups combined , i think that may have been a blessing in disguise.
With the cold and often wet track, added high / strong wind gusts, The open wheel cars, if higher subscribed, may have been even more active with action.
Any action of that type is too much, but it has to be looked at as great outcome as both f-500 drivers seem o.k. after the fact.

I have zero idea what it is like to drive a "thing with wing " , but i cannot help but think that it was hairy out there. I am happy for what did not happen.

Extra credit shouts for Rich Johnston and the "retired " Mike Yater, and Fire and Rescue. Jerry Shiloff made a point of thanking them last night, and he is right.
A set of folks that are often taken for granted, and people only called upon in moments we do not prefer, and they always answer the call with flying colors.