Trophy Presentation , 1 hour after racing.

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
engineerted

Re: Trophy Presentation , 1 hour after racing.

Post by engineerted »

I couldn't make it out for Race #1, but are we still having a drawing for a free race weekend if you Win, Place or Show? (That’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd for those that don't know the horse racing betting terminology) I for one received one of those free race weekends, and it really goes a long way for those of us on a tight budget. Well worth the time and effort to attend Trophies!

Ted
Ted
FP 124 Spider/ EP 124 Spider (1974)
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Ted,
Glad you were able to use it. The B.O.D. approved that with the hope it would improve trophy attendance and have other positive by products. ( race entries , club comradery )
There was not an increase in bodies that could be measured or noticed.
While i have no problem with incentives, we are already pretty darned in-expensive.
I am not opposed to trying that again.
Liz H

Post by Liz H »

Maybe we should give the 6:30 start time a try and see if it makes a difference. Also, can people show up early? Maybe we can promote it something like: "dollar beers and popcorn starting at 6:00, trophy presentation to begin at 6:30". If people thought other people were going to be there early they might go hang out and mingle for a bit before the presentation - then BAM we've got them right where we want them!
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Go Liz Go !

Another forgotten point, one can go early .

If one cannot stay , one can still pick up trophies before departing. ( A VERY nice thing to help the trophy chair provided she is ready )

Sunday Club Social Hour ( sorta ) prior to trophies.. I really like it Liz , good train of thought.
Applejack

Post by Applejack »

On behalf of the Time Trial guys, thanks for having us! I had a blast and will be back for sure. The other guys I talked to stated the same.
Jason Kolk
TT: 2004 Ford Focus SVT, Comp Orange 5-door
'65 Mustang Coupe
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Glad to hear it Jason.
T.T. turnout was great, on track and at trophies. Glad to hear folks feel welcome.
Like i said to you in the paddock, Love the color on your Focus.
It is causing me to rethink my paint scheme.
bob hofmann
WHRRI Member Number: 1286

Post by bob hofmann »

Cynthia here again. I will be more than happy to hand out trophies to people who cannot stay provided I am ready to go, or the people are willing to wait a few minutes until I can get set up. 6:30 is doable as long as I have the results to work from.
Bob Hofmann
#06 2010, 2011 and 2012 GT-1 Champion
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Ditto what Mr. Vaughn said. 8)

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Thread is slowing down.

So here is how i see it ( chime in if you have an opinion )
Thanks to Liz, and others with good ideas.
I like the idea of starting @ 1/2 after the last checker.
No later than 6:30.
Since TT is most likely to be the common last group, and they seem very good at loading and getting to trophies on time, i think we are good here.
If things are modified for run groups per weekend, we can adjust ( like doing all group 1-6 in clusters until the delayed masses arrive )

Talking with the BOD and Comp board folks that were not there ( yes, i gave some minor grief, of course )
There are some modern trends that effect this.
We have a lot of multiple car teams that require a lot of effort to get home. ( Blanchard, Dopirak )
and rental / support folks with the same issue. ( Ralph and others )
So yeah, a bit of a pass there.
Plus there are those who darned near live at the track these days helping out the day to weekend stuff
( Rich J and Ron K )

So PA announcements, racer to racer reminders, and yes, keys to the Mic at the clubhouse .
I spoke with a parent club honcho to see how this can be fixed.
Nice of him to offer ,that if the keys are not there to call him, he is a couple of miles away and will run over with his personal set.

any flaws on the suggestion to move it forward a bit ?
speak up folks, it's your party.
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR »

Really like the idea of a "Happy Hour" at the clubhouse; will never make it there any sooner, but I'm sure that'll help promote the atmosphere, great idea!

I will throw out there that one thing we've always fought a bit with is the somewhat hit-or-miss nature of food at the 'house; I understand we're basically just working off of leftovers, and I have no ideas how that could be revised/improved - especially with our currently-modest turnout - but I'd point to that as one more small problematic area. If you never know if you're going to be able to eat dinner, or just sit around (already tired and possibly dried-out) and drink beer...
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
greendot
WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Post by greendot »

924RACR wrote:doing the groups in their entirety, as proposed earlier, would help mitigate that.
I like this idea.
Sheldon Cooper "Leonard, friends are like toilet paper. It's good to have spares under the sink."
alexgoesracing

Post by alexgoesracing »

Joel, if you maybe showed me how to do it....maybe I'd like to try it......... you know help announce. Unfortunately I do not everyone racing like you guys do. just a thought.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ACP-A ... 5030048741
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren »

That's great Alex,
With Jim Kidd and Sean Grogan up to the task in my absence this weekend, and Matt Wolffe offering to help down the road as well, adding you would make a nice rotation .
An easy way to meet and learn about everybody, is to announce trophies.
You learn to put a face with the name, then the car,, time fixes that concern by default.
It's easy once you do it, and gets easier each time from there.