Support your local regional

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Support your local regional

Post by Joel Hershoren »

While it may be too late for many, put it in the back of your mind for next year.
This weekend ( yes, Mothers Day ) , there is a regional at Gingerman .
Jerry Shiloff is very active at Great Lakes regionals,( as is Mary ) ( he is event chair on this one )
So, you have known friendly faces on site.

The difference between a club weekend here, and a regional elsewhere are subtle, but they do exist.
If it is your first visit away, it is nice to have " tour guides" that you know on site to help you along.

Gingerman is a great track as a first venture from Waterford ( or 2nd, 3rd,, etc)
Very technical , and very safe. ( last time i was there it was also the best track food ever, but that was a LONG time ago, do not know about now )

It gives you the chance to expand your horizons , and a be a positive ambassador for this club.
It also gives you the chance to meet new folks, and invite some back to your home track.

So again, it may be late for 2014 for many of you, but it's not too early to plant it in your brain for 2015.
t3894kj

Re: Support your local regional

Post by t3894kj »

I was planning on it but since I needed a bungee cord on the shifter to hold 3rd gear in the feature, I think I'll sort that out first. Sounds like Matt Saylor is running ITA with his Neon.

Should tons of fun!
Kyle Jones
#13 SN
MJNOVA

Post by MJNOVA »

We will have a decent size group from SM. Kristen and I. Dave Campbell Graham hill. Mark Breyer. And I am sure I am missing some more.
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR »

+1 to that, Gingerman is an excellent track to be the "first away game" for those who've "grown up" at Waterford, and I always recommend it as such. May not be quite as thrilling as some like Mid-O (although, as I've more recently found out, having wings changes that!), but still fast, and still challenging to learn and get right.

Add in the fact that it's still quite close, an easy tow, a friendly location that allows camping and all the other stuff we've come to get used to at WHRRI... it's a great place to start spreading your wings.
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
TealTuna

Post by TealTuna »

It was a really good showing for Waterford folks. When announcing the grid there were a lot of Waterford's as well as some track records broken form us!

Lots of familiar faces for sure and those that missed out really should plan on attending their regional event next year. There is also an SCCA Major's event later in the year.

I have a video of the last race and highlights that I'll put in the Multimedia section.
#46 GTL Honda CRX-GT
TealTuna

Post by TealTuna »

Nevermind I'll put put it here if anyone wants to watch:

I uploaded a highlight reel from the weekend (practice, qualy, races... passes and action) here:

http://youtu.be/0B0VH1Oy60E

and also put up the feature race video here in its full length (except waved off start):

http://youtu.be/ag8LRK6tPUA
#46 GTL Honda CRX-GT