Final weekend, announcing help needed.

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Final weekend, announcing help needed.

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Matt has a previous commitment / conflict and will not be able to attend.

Greg Blastic also has a conflict, so for now you guys are stuck with me.

I do not mind stepping in, but it would be great to hear a fresh voice or 2 give it a try.
The first time is always the most nervous/ nerve wracking , but you get over it pretty quickly.

Selfishly , this being the last weekend of the season, traditions looms for a lot of racers from the days past make an annual visit back, and i would really like to be able to visit with them on Sunday afternoon.
Not to mention, the last time i announced all weekend and announced trophies, i lost my voice and it took a surprisingly long time to recover.

Any interest please leave a note here or message me.

Cheers !
Sean r/t

Re: Final weekend, announcing help needed.

Post by Sean r/t »

Joel, I thought you did a tremendous job announcing all weekend. The knowledge and perspective you bring to the mic is something that is needed to keep the fans on the hill interested. I had some friends come out to the track for the first time, and they were quite impressed. They had a tremendous time, bought a few beers, and knew exactly what was going on because of the detailed commentary you provided. Thanks for making their experience a good one, and I'm sure they'll be back next year.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Re: Final weekend, announcing help needed.

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Sean, kind words thanks, but when when the driving is at the caliber level we had this past weekend, YOU guys make it easier for me.
You guys drive the things, when you drivers rock, the announcer has an easier time keeping things interesting.
When drivers rock, people on the other side of the fence want to come back.
If we could maintain that level all season long , man, we would need 1 of 2 more folks to do play by play. ( that level wears us out ! )
Matt would love some help up there i am sure, and yes, be allowed to take a weekend or more away ( he is a newly wed after all )

More important to me, thanks for bringing buddies to visit, and taking your race car to the hill.
This past weekend was one of the best i can recall in a long time for good head count at the fences and great actions on track.
Glad the Miata club came, and was treated to good Miata ( and all others too ) racing.