I have a Racecar, Safety gear and a Novice permit......

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
ntsullivan

I have a Racecar, Safety gear and a Novice permit......

Post by ntsullivan »

Whats my next step(s) to race in 2015? i.e. memberships, dues, drivers school, etc.....
Nick Sullivan
F5 #92
97 Red Devil T-27
Sean r/t

Re: I have a Racecar, Safety gear and a Novice permit......

Post by Sean r/t »

When did you get your novice permit?
If you took drivers school in early 2014, but did not complete any races, you will have to do drivers school again I think.

Then you will need:
Oakland sportsman membership (I think you have to wait until Februaryish to do this?) Around $165ish
After this, you need:
Waterford Hills membership ($25/year)
Renew your competition liscence (if you don't have to go through drivers school) ($100)
You will need a copy of your physical form for 2015 to submit with your liscense fee.

Then it's just race registration, I usually do the full 6 weekend package at once to save some money.

Most of these forms are avaialble here, but most of them will change for the 2015 season. I'm sure someone will chime to point out anything I've missed or errors I've overseen above.

Forms:
http://www.waterfordhills.com/forms.shtml
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
ntsullivan

Post by ntsullivan »

Thanks Sean.

I got the novice permit in August because I was going to try to do the last chance school at Watkins Glen in October. I thought I needed it beforehand. I didn't make it out though so I will still need to do the school at Waterford.

I'll check back periodically for the 2015 forms.
Nick Sullivan
F5 #92
97 Red Devil T-27
Dave Lewis
WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Post by Dave Lewis »

Check back in the spring when drivers school and its officials (hate that word) are announced. you may be able to go through the track portion only.
Clock Tower Dave.
jshiloff
WHRRI Member Number: 476

Post by jshiloff »

Your SCCA Novice Permit is good for two years from date of issue. To enter our GLD / Waterford Hills Drivers School you will need a current physical ( After Feb. 15th ) and fill out all the forms which will available after Jan. 1st
If you have any questions,,,Call me Jerry Shiloff Chief Steward (810) 278-1553