The return of the 50/50 raffle ,,,,,,

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

The return of the 50/50 raffle ,,,,,,

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Once upon a time, we used to do 50/50 raffles at General Meetings, and at Sunday Night Trophies.

They will be returning from hear on out,,, but, with a slight twist.

50 % to the winner,, and 50% to the TRACK PAVING FUND. It may not be huge chunks to the fund, i grant you, but every little bit does indeed help.

The twist ?
It will now be very worth entering, as instead of a buck a ticket,,, it's going to be $ 5.00 per ticket.

Some pots may be a VERY nice amount.
Even should you not win, remember, half of your money spent goes into the track fund.

Why did they go away ? simply,, help.

We need a few folks to head this up.

I am willing to start things off next month, but would really like to see a willing body or more to step up for here on out.

reply here , or contact me anyway you deem fit.

Cheers all!

Joel
BloodSweat&Gears
WHRRI Member Number: 2699

Re: The return of the 50/50 raffle ,,,,,,

Post by BloodSweat&Gears »

I love this idea and wondered myself, why there wasn't a 50/50 at meetings and at races. Every other race venue I have been at has had them. I know the answer is always HELP and VOLUNTEER involvement. As for the 50/50 raffles at the monthly general membership meetings I have a suggestion to solve this problem. Make the winner RESPONSIBLE!!!! If you are good enough to step up and take your half of the $$$ pot then you can be good enough to head off the raffle at the next meeting. If you are unable to make the next meeting, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to appoint (pay off) a replacement. So according to my plan, Joel will be in charge of the 50/50 for the April meeting. The winner of the April raffle MUST BE present at the May meeting and be in charge of that 50/50 and so on. So with great monetary gain come great responsibility. Whose with me???? Also, what about FISH FRIES??? I heard some draw in a 300+ crowd.....why the hell are we not having 50/50 raffles there??? Prolly have to go back to $1.00 a ticket at the Fish Fry, but still every little bit helps. I do have some ideas about how to effectively run 50/50 at the races as well. Stay tuned.
Team Tice Racing @ Restorations
It's our "Blood, Sweat & Gears"
1991 VW Golf- ITB #18
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Well, We have our first winner.

As i expected, meeting attendance was good, as March thru May are usually strong for head count.

Our first winner took $190.00,,from a single $5.00 ticket.
Almost a race weekend entry fee.
He promptly took some of his winnings to reserve a paddock spot.

Many folks bought $20.00 worth,

Even Mike Novak and Randy Shaw where at the meeting and bought tickets! ( no,,, not April Fools! )

Big thanks to Jerry Shiloff, who bought $20.00 in tickets and tore them up ( so somebody else can win,,, pretty cool eh ? )

Even with chatter here, on social media, and at the start of the meeting, many folks are still not aware of the return of 50/50, it takes time.

So,, here is how it works.
$5.00 per ticket.
50% to the winner, 50% to the track paving fund.
and now the FINE PRINT.
Winner gets half of the winnings that moment of ticket draw, and the other half after they EFFORT it FORWARD at the next meeting. ( same for trophies )
Meaning simply,,, perform the next 50/50 drawing for the club.
IF winner cannot/does not attend, simply have somebody perform the task on your behalf . They can pick up the funds for you, Funds will not be held past the next meeting.
If the winner forgets/fails to provide for the next event, and i have to do it, held winnings are forfeited to the track fund.
Hope to see all of you in May!
Cheers,,
Joel
Randy
WHRRI Member Number: 2564

Post by Randy »

Joel,

Thanks for the recognition!
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS