Please use MotorsportReg.com for Registration

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
BloodSweat&Gears
WHRRI Member Number: 2699

Please use MotorsportReg.com for Registration

Post by BloodSweat&Gears »

Please use MotorsportReg.com for all Race Weekends at WHRRI. Since it has now been posted on the front page to "The News", I will now post here in the forums. Myself and the entire Registration Team along with Timing/Scoring urge all you racers to login, create a profile and use MotorsportReg.com to register for Race Weekend #1 and beyond. Our OTD and TT/Bracket Racing programs already use this system and Ed Frank reports great success. The ease and organization of this system is incredible. Mary Shiloff uses MotorsportReg.com for all her SCCA events and will also be a great resource for the Team as we familiarize ourselves with it. Currently we only have 11 racers who have registered and those racers will move quickly through the line, the rest of you may see a long wait time as you are entered into the system by myself, or a member of the Registration Team. PLEASE, PLEASE step up and get into the system. This is not just some temporary "thing" we are doing. This is the format professional, large scale events are using and WHRRI is not going to be left in the dust. I can not believe how easy and compatible this system is to communicate with Timing/Scoring and Accounting. My future goal is to have all funds be processed electronically. There is no reason volunteers should have to be responsible for large sums of cash on hand or have racers waiting months for checks to be cashed. However, for this Race Season, cash and checks will be accepted. But as always our preferred method of payment is credit card. I want to Thank all the Racers who have registered through MotorsportReg.com but I want those of you WHO HAVE NOT to know........THEY ARE AHEAD OF YOU SO CATCH UP!!!!

Suzy Tice
Registrar
Team Tice Racing @ Restorations
It's our "Blood, Sweat & Gears"
1991 VW Golf- ITB #18
Cynthia Kempton

Re: Please use MotorsportReg.com for Registration

Post by Cynthia Kempton »

Suzy, when Bob and I register for a race, we do not want to pay until we get to the venue. The reason being, is that we do not always know if we are going to be able to make it. I'm sure as a driver you understand that something can go wrong at an event, and you would not be able to make it to the next one. We would rather not put the entry fee on a credit card for that reason. I hope that you will be able to continue to accept payment by check. Thank you.
2BWise

Post by 2BWise »

There is a "Pay on-site" option that allows one to register without any out lay of $. Then you just pay when you show up, but all the registration paperwork is already complete ahead of time.
Cynthia Kempton

Post by Cynthia Kempton »

2BWise wrote:There is a "Pay on-site" option that allows one to register without any out lay of $. Then you just pay when you show up, but all the registration paperwork is already complete ahead of time.
We have been using Motorsport.reg for several years when we go to SCCA races. We have already registered for the May race and will pay by check when we get there. I was just requesting that Suzy continue to accept checks going forward because we do not want to use our credit card to pay.
BloodSweat&Gears
WHRRI Member Number: 2699

Post by BloodSweat&Gears »

Cynthia and others concerned with the payment of races. For this year we will accept cash, check and charge. In the future however, I can see checks becoming extinct. Cash has always been King and will therefore more than likely always be around. But Credit card is best. First of all, credit card becomes a time stamped TRACEABLE link of payment that can be printed out and handed to Erin (the club's treasurer) without paper funds getting misplaced, misconstrued or skimmed. NOT THAT ANYONE IS DOING THIS OR THAT IT HAS HAPPENED. But asking volunteers to be responsible for large sums of cash is just not a good idea from start to finish. We need to all face the direction that things are going these days, and maybe even conform. Most debit cards are also considered credit cards. You can set this up with your bank and have a small account just for this kind of thing if you are concerned about identity theft. I understand that this credit card thing can be a nuisance for racers, but it really, in my opinion is the best direction for the accounting and accountability of the club. Also understand that this is only my personal opinion and the final decision will come from the Board of Directors.
Team Tice Racing @ Restorations
It's our "Blood, Sweat & Gears"
1991 VW Golf- ITB #18