I.T. Invitational ***REGISSTRATION IS LIVE!

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
MX-Matt

I.T. Invitational ***REGISSTRATION IS LIVE!

Post by MX-Matt »

UPDATE: Registration is Live! https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 746F0553A6

Hey all,

Wanted to make a special announcement about a proposal the was just approved by the club;

On Saturday, July 18th (Race Weekend #3), the club will be holding a special I.T. only feature race!

The race will take place on Saturday afternoon of that race weekend.

The race will be a "Showcase" for Improved Touring cars. All I.T. entrants will be given their normal allotment of races for a race weekend but will also be given a “feature” race exclusively populated by I.T. cars.

All I.T. C,B,A,S,R, & 7 (sorry, no ITE) classified cars are welcome to participate. Cars eligible for dual classes per SCCA/WHRRI GCR are permitted (I.E. Spec Miata & Spec Neon).

The all I.T. feature race will be run before the "co-driver" race for that weekend

***Special Provision

All I.T. entrants for this weekend will be granted entry fee at WHRRI member price ($205)

Yes, that's right, you get one qualification session and three regular races for $205 AND the opportunity to participate in the special feature race at no extra charge

Other provisions;

• Race will NOT count for WHRRI points
• A limit of 30 starters will be set for the feature race with priority given to “out of town” entrants
• Grid position will be determined by best time from AM qualifying
• Race length will be 12 laps
• Overall race winner & ITC winner will be awarded a trophy after the race

Additionally, there will be promotional items for the event that include but are not limited to;

• Event participant sticker (2 each entrant)
• Beer supplied after race

Current Event sponsors (we can always use more :mrgreen: )

• Team Effort Motorsports (WHRRI representative & trophy supplier)
• WAT Racing (AKA Mike Mulvaney, sticker supplier)

This should be a great event for the club. My ITC friends are COMING BACK after visiting last year and they're bringing MORE CARS with them. At last check we might have as many as NINE out of town ITC cars coming up to race that weekend. We should easily be able to fill up the grid with I.T. cars foe this race.

More details to come! Any questiosn feel free to message/email me (lonewolfe@wowway.com) or hit me up via Facebook.

-Matt
Last edited by MX-Matt on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
MX-Matt

Re: I.T. Invitational at Waterford (Read; I.T.ONLY FEATURE R

Post by MX-Matt »

Reserved
MX-Matt

Post by MX-Matt »

Also Reserved :mrgreen:
Rabbit Racer 22
WHRRI Member Number: 2824

Post by Rabbit Racer 22 »

Count me in!!! It will be nice to not be the only ITC car for a change! :P
Carl Biondo
#26 ITC
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

In the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play, we have decided that Garrett can run any 14" all-season tire of his choosing. :mrgreen:

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

A few of us Spec Neon guys were kicking around the question of how we would get our rightful place on the IT Invitational starting grid, in that during our normal morning qualifying session we would be running on our SN legal Hoosier SM7 tires on heavy 15x6" Neon wheels ... whereas in IT legal trim we would be running Hoosier A7 tires mounted on 15x7" featherweight Rota wheels from one of our autocross cars (along with maybe a sway bar change, shock rebound adjustment, etc., that are allowed in the GCR). Obviously its not a huge deal, but unless we are able to scam a day off from work and run during the Friday practice, we will pretty much be going into this race kind of blind, having never run an IT setup on "The Banana" before.

So anyway, for those of us that are going to run in the IT Invitational, might we be allowed to qualify for it by also running with Group 5 or co-driver in Saturday morning's qualifying sessions?

Jim Kidd
#37 SN
MX-Matt

Post by MX-Matt »

You're thinking waaaay too hard about this. This is a fun race meant to draw people to Waterford that wouldn't normally race with us. Nothing more, nothing less

Doesn't count for points or anything like that. Basically just run what ya brung and have fun.
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Understood ... but the reality is, sticking much faster cars in the back of the pack with much slower cars often results in incident reports being filled out. Been there, done that a couple of years ago when we experimented with using just one pace car in Group One with Spec Neon bunched up in with Spec Miata. (Same with restarts after double yellow or red, but that's standard racing protocol ... and the field is re-started single file, not two by two.)

Indeed, the whole idea Sean and I have, in this deal and all others is to race and have fun. Body work isn't. 8)

Jim
John McFarland

Post by John McFarland »

Sounds like fun! I will be getting my ITA car in another week. Will have to go through it first then check the family schedule. May make the trip up.
John McFarland
ITA Nissan NX2000
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR »

OK, but we also shouldn't need 13/13 Vintage rules to prevent contact. We already have a GCR which covers that; every driver is responsible to avoid contact regardless. Furthermore, every driver should only ever race as close as they're able to ensure no contact. Leave yourself as much room as you need, and there'll be no problem.
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
BloodSweat&Gears
WHRRI Member Number: 2699

Post by BloodSweat&Gears »

Well said Vaughan!!
Team Tice Racing @ Restorations
It's our "Blood, Sweat & Gears"
1991 VW Golf- ITB #18
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR »

Very impressive so far - 9 cars in ITC by this morning!

So, how many do they need to qualify for a split grid? I'm thinking maybe they're already there???
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
MX-Matt

Post by MX-Matt »

Possibly. The call on that will likely be made the day of. I'll be working closely with Jerry :mrgreen:
MX-Matt

Re: I.T. Invitational ***REGISSTRATION IS LIVE!

Post by MX-Matt »