2016 Improved Touring Invitational

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
MX-Matt

2016 Improved Touring Invitational

Post by MX-Matt »

Waterford Hills Road Racing Inc. is proud to announce that the Improved Touring Invitational is back for 2016!

For the second consecutive year, WHRRI will host a feature weekend for Improved Touring cars.

This year’s special feature race will take place on SATURDAY afternoon of Weekend #2. As last year, this weekend will have a showcase race exclusively for Improved Touring cars. All I.T. entrants will be given their normal allotment of races for a race weekend but will also be given the opportunity to participate in a special I.T. only feature.

All I.T. D,C,B,A,S,R, & 7 (sorry, no ITE) classified cars are welcome to participate. Cars eligible for dual classes per SCCA/WHRRI GCR are permitted (I.E. Spec Miata & Spec Neon).

The all I.T. feature race will be run after the TT/Bracket race group on Saturday

***Special Provisions
ALL I.T. entrants for this weekend will be granted entry fee at WHRRI member price ($205), and will be given the opportunity to participate in an I.T. Only feature for $25
Yes, that's right, you get one qualification session and three regular races for $205 AND the opportunity to participate in the special feature race for only $25!!!
Other provisions;
• Race will NOT count for WHRRI points
• A limit of 30 starters will be set for the feature race with priority given to “out of town” entrants
• Grid position will be determined by best time from AM qualifying
• Race length will be 10 laps
• Trophies will be awarded after the race to the overall winner and the ITC winner. Trophies are being donated by Team Effort Motorsports and built by Dunn’s welding. ***If there are classes that would like to have a trophy made for them, please bring me any extra engine parts you have lying around and I will take them to Dunn’s to have a trophy made out of them.
• Each Participant will receive event stickers for their cars (2 each entrant)

Questions or comments on the event can be directed at event coordinator Matt Wolfe (734) 812-3765.

Registration will be opened in the coming weeks.

Should be another great weekend!
MX-Matt

Re: 2016 Improved Touring Invitational

Post by MX-Matt »

For SATURDAY ONLY, group's 5 & 6 will be flip-flopped. This will give participants in the I.T. Invitational feature race more rest between the special feature and their regular race on Saturday afternoon.

The feature race will take place after worker break on Saturday. The IT Feature race is gridded by your best morning qualifying time.