Looks like our season is done ...

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
SeniorPBA2B

Looks like our season is done ...

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

I don't have all the details ... Sean Grogan broke his leg playing hockey last night, got taken out by a goon. :roll:

It has been a very fun and exciting season competing with all of our buds in Spec Neon: Jon, Matt, Eric, Steve, Rod and Kyle, and their respective hangers-on. We'll cue it up again in 2017.

Jim Kidd
#37 SN
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Re: Looks like our season is done ...

Post by 924RACR »

Aw, geeze... that's always been one of my fears, that a hobby on the side might end up sidelining me from a season of racing! At least it's later in the year...

Hope for a quick recovery, Sean... maybe in time to get out on the slopes and break another leg that way! ;) j/k
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian »

Two words................hand controls 8)

Sorry to hear about Sean's injury, we'll miss him out there tearing it up!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5975

We were really looking forward to running in the I.T. Festival again this year, weekend after next down at Mid-Ohio. The "Skittles Gang" represented WHRRI in a big way. Major bummer. :x

I like your tag line, Brian. 8)

Jim
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta »

the Neons have been spectacular at WHRRI this year... this is a bummer.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
nswanberg
WHRRI Member Number: 2565

Post by nswanberg »

Real bummer. Get well and heal fast. I have found the secet to having fun playing hockey is to play against guys a lot older than yourself.
#19 82 RX7 IT7 race car
2016 Ford F-150 2.7l Ecoboost tow vehicle and daily driver
20 ft. Haulin car hauler
Sponsor: Downriver Slotcar Speedway, Lincoln Park, MI
1:22.6:( They are not turns, they are curves!!
nswanberg@yahoo.com
YaterMike

Post by YaterMike »

Will miss not only your excellent racing but also your race car and team up on the hill. You guys are good for the fans.
Hope to see you soon. Mike y
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Thanks everybody. 8)

Sean is hopeful that he will be recovered enough to be back in the saddle for Weekend #6. We'll see. :mrgreen:

Jim
Sean r/t

Post by Sean r/t »

I pre-paid for the season, and I probably can't drive this weekend, but if I can't get a refund, I may try anyway.

If I can't race this weekend, can I get a partial refund, maybe race 2 groups in weekend 6 instead?

I've always paid for the full season package, but this is the first time we've ever run into a spot where our driver (or car) wasn't actually ready.

I emailed Suzy with no luck. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
greendot
WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Post by greendot »

Not a bad race weekend 5
3 wins. Maybe you should break the other one too :lol:

OTOH, lets not.
Sheldon Cooper "Leonard, friends are like toilet paper. It's good to have spares under the sink."
Sean r/t

Post by Sean r/t »

Huge thanks to Jim, our crew member in training (Matt), other Matt (Wolfe), other Matt (Saylor), Ashley, and everyone else that helped me with getting ice for my leg, and simply helping Jim with several small tasks that allowed us to focus on the car, and kept me from hobbling around as little as possible. Missing Mid Ohio last weekend was quite tough, and making Waterford 5 definitely lifted my spirits, and got me off the couch. Hoping to be closer to 100% for weekend 6.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian »

From what Jim told us (leg brace or not) you were still able to do some fancy footwork........since the gas pedal nearly came off ;^D

My hat is off to you, sir!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.
greendot
WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Post by greendot »

I guess it shows that you don't need fully functional limbs to drive a Neon :shock:
Sheldon Cooper "Leonard, friends are like toilet paper. It's good to have spares under the sink."
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

I was really proud of the effort Sean put in this weekend, most especially in the Sunday afternoon feature race. His lap times and middle sector times were quick and amazingly consistent. Of course, it helps to have a fully functional accelerator pedal. :lol:

And with a weird twist of racing luck and deja vu all over again we managed to reacquire the lead in the SN drivers points chase ... with Jon Rogers losing a motor in the Saturday afternoon feature race, which was really tough luck for him. (Sean ended up losing the class championship to Jon last year when we had engine problems in Weekend #4.)

Sean and I were glad to see Jon and "Orange Crush" back in the paddock Sunday morning and to see him run so well. The Saturday evening thrash by him and his dad Gary was indeed admirable: pulling the engine out of Jon's Rallycross car and then transplanting it into the race car by 1:30 AM and being back in plenty of time to run three laps of emergency practice. They are great competitors, and friends. We are all looking forward to Weekend #6 where the two cars and drivers will battle it out and determine this year's class champion.

Jim Kidd