First round of thanks from Vintage

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

First round of thanks from Vintage

Post by Joel Hershoren »

Butch and Erin Cassaday for all the help before, during, and after.

Elise Wolleson and Tracy Morlewski for staffing the hot dog cart in t-6 all weekend long.

Bruce and Mary Wenztel with Jorge Lonzano,for picking up and returning our shuttle vans from John Conley in Brighton.

Dave Hinman, for making the schedule, classing, and racer groups all work, and then being aggressive with the changes needed via weather.

Doug and Laura Respecki , for keeping a sharp eye on tech.

Lynda and Kyra Beauregard for help in timing and the swag shop.

Kristy Bechard, for helping EVERYWHERE , i think she working 5 different places.

Don Pollum, Tom Balanowski, Tony Kunert, Matt Davis, Robert Long, Andrew Surratt, Gary Ray, Alex Lozano ,: for doing anything and everything asked,,,

Jeff Cherney, for helping out even while he was racing.

Greg Blastic, for an awesome job on play by play and keeping all informed.

Cynthia Kempton for having great stuff in the swag shop for our guests.

Terry and Patty Abbott for running the B.A.C.A. program on Sunday.

Brenda Butler, while working grid, being my second set of eyes on things in the paddock.

Dennis and Suzy Tice, for making sure the Saturday night dinner was top shelf.

Danny Kellermeyer, for being the Waterford ambassador . Leading the "mini-school" on Friday, and then working with drivers all weekend long to help them improve. A big deal. Better lines make for safer racing, and a better time for all.

To all i have forgotten at this moment due to being tired and not enough coffee yet,,, THANK YOU.

and then to the folks IN SERVICE,,,, Tower, Rescue ,Corners ,Grid, Timing,,,yes, Rain,, and all the adjustments we feel we must make to ensure we can offer the best track time and racing for OUR GUESTS,, thanks for the help.

Thanks to all.
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Re: First round of thanks from Vintage

Post by Joel Hershoren »

more to add,

John Blanchard and son coming Sunday night on purpose. They handled a great deal of the post event clean up just so the weekend staff could relax and de-compress post event. Very thoughtful and VERY appreciated.

Mike Yater, for knocking the dust off the box blade and grading the road to paddock. It takes hours and hours to do that little stretch.

last but not least, the biggest goes to Rich Johnston. Keeping the standard high . He spent hours beyond counting making sure the place was pretty, cleaned, stocked, and ready . Few have a clue the work and effort that his position holds. Since the 2011 re-birth of the Vintage weekend, every year, an entrant arrives and the first words uttered are " this place looks like a golf course "

Thanks again to all.

Joel
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta »

Joel, I know you'll try to deflect again (you always do), but still I don't want to let a "thanks thread" go by without throwing some at you and Kathy. I realize it's a group effort, and I realize a lot of people do a lot that I'm blissfully unaware of. but I also know that you've been working on this event since before the previous one started. it's pretty clear to me that vintage a) would not have been re-born, and b) would not have been nearly the success it has been without you guys driving everything.

I'm glad it's back.

thank you.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
pace car 2
WHRRI Member Number: 1153

Post by pace car 2 »

Thank you Joel and Kathy, great job.
Gary
Gary
tapandrack
WHRRI Member Number: 2792

Post by tapandrack »

surratta wrote:Joel, I know you'll try to deflect again (you always do), but still I don't want to let a "thanks thread" go by without throwing some at you and Kathy.
+1!
Bob Formisano
RF97 Van Diemen (FC)
Franz
WHRRI Member Number: 2033

Post by Franz »

This was a great event !

The MG's as feature were really fun to watch !
More of that "Vintage Feel" was back again.

Please consider stepping up to help Joel and Kathy with this event moving forward.
Carrying that torch is getting heavy, and they can really use some relief to keep this going.

What do you say ?

Is Vintage your calling ?