Any news ...

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
SeniorPBA2B

Any news ...

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

... on the young man who crashed his CSR in the Turn Five tire wall? Hope he is doing okay.

Jim Kidd
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
tapandrack
WHRRI Member Number: 2792

Re: Any news ...

Post by tapandrack »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for asking and especially for calling me a "young man"! It was a CFC car and it was a hard hit. When you don't brake into T5 you better not miss your turn-in point which I apparently did, got wide into the marbles and well, you know what happens then...I am totally fine, not at all sore. Safety gear worked like it should.

I would like to especially thank Blackie's Fire and Rescue team, especially the Paramedics who checked me out after the off. The entire team was so calm and professional. Great interpersonal skills as well as medical and technical skill. Waterford Workers are truly the best and I can tell you they are all appreciated by the racers.

I'd also like to thank my racing peers that came over afterwards for support like Curtis Easterling, Suzy Tice and Jeff Cherny. Great acts of sportsmanship and it was truly appreciated. Those are all class people. I learned a lot about some people that day. The car will be fixed and we are disassembling it starting next week, then the rebuild for next season.

I'll see everyone at Race Weekend 6. It's been a great Rookie season and I've loved the experience (although I could do without the last off)! See you in 2017!

Regards,
Bob
Last edited by tapandrack on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Formisano
RF97 Van Diemen (FC)
Randy
WHRRI Member Number: 2564

Post by Randy »

Glad to hear you are doing well Bob. Amazing after seeing how your car looked.

Hope you're back soon.
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
Racing Stuff

Post by Racing Stuff »

I hate looking at crashed race cars right after something like that happens, so I don't. Looked like it took quite a hit, but the ol' Reynard did it's job. Glad to see you walking by, after medical released you.
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Great news. 8)
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR »

Yikes... glad to hear you're OK, Bob!
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta »

tapandrack wrote: [...]
I am totally fine, not at all sore. Safety gear worked like it should.
[...]
The car will be fixed and we are disassembling it starting next week, then the rebuild for next season.
I think I'm glad I didn't see the incident or aftermath. this is about the best report we could get after what happened...
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll