Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

April 17th OTD Open Wheel Group?

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

Re: April 17th OTD Open Wheel Group?

Postby Elise » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi guys,

When I originally posted this, I meant that the open wheel cars could go out with the comp group (competition license group), I simply typed the wrong color. The comp group is GREEN

The other part of my statement still holds true, if any open wheel car does not feel comfortable in that situation, then they have every right to CHOOSE not to participate and thus wait for the practice day.

Hope this clears things up.
Elise
Elise

WHRRI Member Number: 1731

Postby Chris Marsh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Elise, I figured that was what you meant.
Chris Marsh

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 am

Sounds like a plan!

Brian
Brian

WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Postby Chris Marsh » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 am

2BWise wrote:Its scary enough being on track with DSRs because even some of those have difficulty seeing the Vee

But hey Bill, open track day IS SUPPOSED TO BE just lapping and I would hope that the licensed drivers would really take it easy to set a good example for all the potential new racers that will be there. The groups are usually small enough where it is easy to stay away from people. I have not driven my DSR yet AT ALL and expect to be very slow I just want to get used to shifting with my left and try to get comfortable in the new car as well as make sure that it is running Ok.

You know, when I used to roadrace motorcycles we were NOT allowed to have mirrors. Mainly for the safety of broken glass if you fall down. But I thought it was a great rule. It was the overtaking riders responsibility to ensure that the move was safe so there should never be an argument of who's fault. Without mirrors it eliminated some of the blocking that takes place in racing even though it is aginst the rules.
Chris Marsh

Postby 924RACR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Wait... was that BLUE or GREEN? :lol:

Or maybe RED? :shock:
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#65 DSR Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com
924RACR

WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Previous