Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

4/17/11 OTD Pics

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

Re: 4/17/11 OTD Pics

Postby 4 cam tbird » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:21 am

turboboltss wrote:Thank you for adding the pics! They look good very good pictures. But I had a camera mounted in the car and noticed when I was going over tapes the flat black bmw had a small fire going 4 laps before the end of the lap time. I will post the video when I get it up. The sound isn’t the greatest thanks to the wind.

Was it always on left hand turns? We found the problem to be the fuel tank vent hose was rotted but it was hidden under the sleeving over the hose. We think left turns forced the fuel up into it and caused fuel to leak. We've got a new hose on there now. We're not taking any more chances and replacing all seals and hoses for the fuel tank.
4 cam tbird

Postby turboboltss » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

It was doing it when I passed it on the back straight away right after the long sweeping right hand turn.
08 cobalt ss/tc, 91 rx7 turbo, 94 corvette.
turboboltss

Postby turboboltss » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 pm

I got the last two sessions in with th Cobalt after our BMW adventures. Good thing I had thrown the XP10's in the trunk in the morning and that those Brembo pads are a quick change. First time on track with it. Damn, it is fun. Can't believ a FWD gets around a track like that thing does. Can't wait to get it out again.[/quote]

Yes the cobalt’s are very fun on the track. Mine has a set of Bridgestone Potenza re-01r tires and eibach 2inch lowering springs with a touch of neg camber up front. it was very impressive compared to 91 rx7 turbo I was pushing as hard as I could around turns and I couldn’t get it to slide, but I did notice I may need a hair more neg camber up front.
08 cobalt ss/tc, 91 rx7 turbo, 94 corvette.
turboboltss

Previous

Return to Open Track Day