Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Is upcoming OTD Oct 14th or 15th?

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

Re: Is upcoming OTD Oct 14th or 15th?

Postby jamie_a » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:21 am

I too would like to volunteer as part of my work bee hours.

Is there anything that I need to do besides show up?

Jamie Arnold
SM #84
jamie_a

Postby Dave Lewis » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 am

Jamie, come see me in tech, always need help there. I'll be there at 7am.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Rubbin's Racin' » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm

I've got some noob questions about OTD:

Where can guests go to watch, take video and or pictures? Are they allowed in the paddock or just the stands?
What happens if it rains or the weather doesn't cooperate and the event is cancelled or shortened? Will the registration money be refunded?
Are in car cameras allowed? The rules state that there should be no loose items but is it OK if a camera is mounted by suction cup?
Rubbin's Racin'

Postby jamie_a » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Dave Lewis wrote:Jamie, come see me in tech, always need help there. I'll be there at 7am.

Great Dave. See you then!
jamie_a

Postby Dave Lewis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 am

[quote="Rubbin's Racin'"]I've got some noob questions about OTD:

Where can guests go to watch, take video and or pictures? Are they allowed in the paddock or just the stands?
What happens if it rains or the weather doesn't cooperate and the event is cancelled or shortened? Will the registration money be refunded?
Are in car cameras allowed? The rules state that there should be no loose items but is it OK if a camera is mounted by suction cup?[/quoG

Guests can photo or video from the paddock, just remember drivers are responsible for their guests/crew.
Don't know, can't remember it happening in 15 years.
Yes and yes if they weigh less than 8 ounces no tether is required, though recommended.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Elise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Ni Hao!

As the past OTD chair, I thought I would just answer one of those questions...hope I'm not stepping on any toes!

"What happens if it rains or the weather doesn't cooperate and the event is cancelled or shortened? Will the registration money be refunded?"

We do not cancel OTD's because of rain, we go rain or shine...the only time it would stop is if there is lightning because of the safety of our volunteers. If the day is shortened for some reason (though I do not remember it being shortened in the last few years), as per the rules and regs, there are no refunds. Once you have been on the track, there are no refunds. Extenuating circumstances could arise, as they tend to do, so if something happens, just talk to the chairperson and I am sure they will try to work with you.

Good luck everyone!
Have fun!
Elise
Elise

WHRRI Member Number: 1731

Previous

Return to Open Track Day