Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Thank you.

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

Thank you.

Postby 38Bfast » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanks to all involved for anouther fantastic event. Clutch you rock! And we got very lucky with the weather.

On a side note I was informed that there was a confrontation with an individual who could not follow the rules and was less than curious to our volunteers.

This is where I start my rant.
Point number 1. Know the rules of the event. Clutch has gone to great effort to make them known. On this forum and at the drivers meeting. You will be held accountable.

Point number 2. If you are unable to follow the rules expect the consequences. The club does not care if you are god's gift to drivers. The rules apply to everyone.

Point number 3. My biggest pet peeve! If you can not conduct yourself professionally with our volunteer staff then please do not bother even singing up. 99.9% of the participants are great and enjoy the event and the volunteers. But there are a few that can not treat people with respect. If you fall into that category STAY HOME! If you can't follow the rules STAY HOME! If a volunteer tells you to do something, do it. Don't start threatening or demanding. If you can't control yourself pack up your crap and leave. You are not welcome.

The volunteers at Waterford are some of the best if not the best in the country. They have so much knowledge and experience gained over a long period of time. They know what they are doing! I respect and admire there dedication and professionalism.

If you want to raise your voice, threaten, demand or just plain want to be a jack ass you will not find any support form our staff and be invited to leave and let everyone else enjoy the event.

If there is a issue and you want to discuss it with our volunteers, they will more that happy to spend time to help resolve any issues. The key word is discuss, not argue.

Rant over

Again thank you to all our outstanding volunteers.
V2 Motorsports
Ralph Provitz
2008 Spec Miata Champion
2008 WH top 10
38 DSR
Ralph@v2motorsports.com
38Bfast

Re: Thank you.

Postby BILL WRITT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 pm

As A volunteer, Ralph I agree with every thing you wrote. Kathy
BILL WRITT

Postby surratta » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 pm

I don't know what happened, but I'll add an amen to all of the above.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby Joel Hershoren » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Well said Ralph.

Glad i missed whoever/ whatever happened.

I have full hope and faith that it was dealt with correctly.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Postby 38Bfast » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Joel Hershoren wrote:Well said Ralph.

Glad i missed whoever/ whatever happened.

I have full hope and faith that it was dealt with correctly.

Joel, Clutch unfortunately was the one who took the brunt of it. He bent over backwards to help resolve the issue only to have the individual continue to not conform. Of course he once again did an outstanding job resolving the issue. My hat is off to him.

Waterford Hills is a family of its members of none which deserve to be mistreated, yelled at, or threatened.
V2 Motorsports
Ralph Provitz
2008 Spec Miata Champion
2008 WH top 10
38 DSR
Ralph@v2motorsports.com
38Bfast

Postby Clutch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks Ralph!

For the record...

We had an issue with a participant's on track behavior. He was told he was done for the day because he was not listening and he was breaking the track rules for wheel counts and aggressive driving.

His adrenalin was up from being on track, and he was aggressively arguing. The argument was correctly isolated to me, just as I ask of everyone at the driver's meeting... I'm the guy you complain to if you have a problem.

All of the above can be forgiven, and possibly fixed with future visits.

When he left, he recklessly broke the paddock speed limits, weaved in and out of parked vehicles, then continued to do the same exiting the property.
We have a lot of people, small children, and pets moving around in the paddock that aren't looking or expecting someone to come flying by the concession stand at 25MPH. We were lucky that no one was in his path

That violation earned him a permanent ban from any future Waterford Hills events.

I'm personally going to make sure that other event organizers I work with here at Waterford are aware of this guy.

On a brighter note...

My THANKS to EVERYONE that came out yesterday and pulled this event together!
You ARE the best!

We had so many compliments from participants, even had one make a special trip to bring back a case of beer for the volunteers! I just bring them in, you guys are the reason they come back!

Thanks again!
C!
Clutch

Postby Joel Hershoren » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Ed,
A correct approach, and after solving of the issue.
Guessing you never got your car off the trailer, and have a few more gray hairs.

Thanks for the moment of track access, i think the outcome will be good for all.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Postby SeniorPBA2B » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Great job as always, Clutch.

Another "Amen" to what Ralph said above.

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
SeniorPBA2B

Postby Clutch » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 am

Thanks guys!

The grey hairs came from the concession stand fly-by... there were a lot of kids there on Sunday... unbelievable!
Clutch

Postby TealTuna » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:50 am

Very well taken care of, Clutch. I'm glad I didn't witness this, honestly.

Also thanks for letting me jump in and instruct and help with tech - It was my first instruction experience at Waterford (have done it at numerous other tracks/orgs)... My student said he had a great time and had never been on any track before, or autocross, or high performance driving.... considering all of the above he did a great job and think he will make it back for another event!

And holy crap I still can't believe it didn't rain... is that some sort of record? :twisted:
#46 F-Prod Triumph Spitfire
Acura Integra Trackwhore
10' Mazdaspeed3 Daily Fun
TealTuna

Return to Open Track Day