How do I get started racing? - answers within!

Questions and information about the WHRRI Driver's School
Doug Respecki

Re: How do I get started racing? - answers within!

Post by Doug Respecki »

Motor City Hamilton wrote:Is the Fiesta still around and available for driver's school rental?

Cobrahicks will not want to miss the WHRRI drivers school. It is the best value of any of the SCCA accredited schools and only happens once a year. If the budget for car, tires, gear, repairs is all too much to get started, you could start by buying your gear and seeing about the Fiesta for drivers school. Would stretch your budget through the year a bit.

P.S. for Doug. I am working on the new Fiesta program now. I think you are going to want one. :D
We have a Festiva, not a Fiesta, it is still an excellant racecar and may be available to rent.
I have driven Fiestas in the UK and love them as well but would prefer they brought over the Puma or Ka instead.
Any interest in the Festiva, let me know.
cobrahicks

Post by cobrahicks »

Motor City Hamilton wrote:Is the Fiesta still around and available for driver's school rental?

Cobrahicks will not want to miss the WHRRI drivers school. It is the best value of any of the SCCA accredited schools and only happens once a year. If the budget for car, tires, gear, repairs is all too much to get started, you could start by buying your gear and seeing about the Fiesta for drivers school. Would stretch your budget through the year a bit.
Great Idea.

I'll definitely get all my gear and hopefully a car ready to hit the tracks by school time. I dont want to have to want till next year to hit the track.
Doug Respecki wrote:We have a Festiva, not a Fiesta, it is still an excellant racecar and may be available to rent.
I have driven Fiestas in the UK and love them as well but would prefer they brought over the Puma or Ka instead.
But if i dont get the car or its not up to par then i would i would definitely want to rent a vehicle for the school.
Motor City Hamilton wrote:Plus Keith Averill is at the local track every weekend. I think it's good to support the local area if possible.
and i agree with supporting your local suppliers. Once i get back in town, i'll work on getting all suited up.
Motor City Hamilton

Post by Motor City Hamilton »

My driving skills fall somewhere between The Stig and Sammy Hawkins!
Greg Anthony

Post by Greg Anthony »

Hammerhead, cehck your PM's :bigups:
~97 ACR Coupe-White
~96 ACR Coupe-Black
~95 ACR Coupe-Angry

Looking for Sponsorship for the 2014 Autox Season, PM me for details!
Motor City Hamilton

Post by Motor City Hamilton »

Greg Anthony wrote:Hammerhead, cehck your PM's :bigups:
I think I'm set on graphics. I didn't crash into anything last year!

Wait, I am thinking about adding something under the door line down the side of the car. I'll send you some photos for you to draw on for concepts.
My driving skills fall somewhere between The Stig and Sammy Hawkins!
Greg Anthony

Post by Greg Anthony »

Motor City Hamilton wrote:
Greg Anthony wrote:Hammerhead, cehck your PM's :bigups:
I think I'm set on graphics. I didn't crash into anything last year!

Wait, I am thinking about adding something under the door line down the side of the car. I'll send you some photos for you to draw on for concepts.

will do
~97 ACR Coupe-White
~96 ACR Coupe-Black
~95 ACR Coupe-Angry

Greg Anthony

Post by Greg Anthony »

cobrahicks wrote:

Great Idea.

I'll definitely get all my gear and hopefully a car ready to hit the tracks by school time. I dont want to have to want till next year to hit the track.
Doug Respecki wrote:We have a Festiva, not a Fiesta, it is still an excellant racecar and may be available to rent.
But if i dont get the car or its not up to par then i would i would definitely want to rent a vehicle for the school.
Motor City Hamilton wrote:Plus Keith Averill is at the local track every weekend. I think it's good to support the local area if possible.
and i agree with supporting your local suppliers. Once i get back in town, i'll work on getting all suited up.
cobrahicks, you got a PM... on .ORG
~97 ACR Coupe-White
~96 ACR Coupe-Black
~95 ACR Coupe-Angry

handfore

Post by handfore »

Hi, A newbie here, I've been digging a dozen of threads on racing but not one was satisfactory and yes, you all guessed it right, this is the thread I was looking for. Long post but perfect post with accurate informations. Thanks for the info, Vaughan.
JIFFY

Post by JIFFY »

Yep.. thanks buddy.. VERY USEFUL and great to have... can't wait to put it into use! ;)

Jiffy :bigups:
Yes... the guy with the hats...