Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Schedule for 2016 school?

Questions and information about the WHRRI Driver's School

Schedule for 2016 school?

Postby smackela » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:20 am

Is the schedule for the Saturday/Sunday track sessions available? I believe the schedule from the 2015 school was shown to us students on the projector during the classroom session on the 9th to give us an idea of how the school would run, but that the schedule for the 2016 school hadn't been finalized at that time. If anyone has access to the 2016 schedule and could post it, it would be greatly appreciated.
smackela

Re: Schedule for 2016 school?

Postby ADPWL1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Agreed, Im out of town until Friday night, so I'd like to have an idea what I'm looking at for Saturday AM for sure. Also mentioned that Paddock spaced would be assigned. I have V2 providing track support so I'd like to be near Ralph.
---------------------------------------
Andy Pawlowski
1994 Spec Miata #38
ADPWL1

WHRRI Member Number: 2785

Postby surratta » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm not running school, and I haven't seen the schedule. BUT... count on the following:

drivers meeting sometime not before ~9:00. students and instructors will get paired up, run groups split out, probably some information about the initial session(s) from your group's head instructor.

starting at 10:00, some slow laps in instructors' cars, followed by ~20 minute sessions for groups 1, 2, 3, all day long. early sessions will have some restrictions on passing, and that will loosen up over the course of day. there will be a group driver's meeting shortly after each on-track session. these are usually fairly brief with observations about the prior session and instructions for the next session. these are also a good time for questions and answers -- it's pretty rare that your question or confusion is yours alone, but even if it is, we want to have everything cleared up. the majority of the instructors will be racing with you soon... we want to address all questions.

by the time you take a breath and get your adrenaline back to a reasonable level, it'll be time for your next on-track session.

count on your flag knowledge being tested on track.

after the track goes cold (not later than 6:00pm), there will probably be another drivers meeting followed by a track walk. I don't know whether the track walk is a requirement, but I can tell you that it's really valuable.

at the end of saturday, you will be exhausted.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby surratta » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:54 pm

ADPWL1 wrote:Also mentioned that Paddock spaced would be assigned. I have V2 providing track support so I'd like to be near Ralph.

assignments are based, more or less, on which run group you're in. you'll be among a sea of Miatas, and in all likelihood closer to Ralph than you want to be!
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Return to WHRRI Driver's School