Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

new site...

News and updates regarding this bulletin board

new site...

Postby surratta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I am hoping to put our new site up this coming weekend. with this in mind, please:

* be patient if stuff is screwy at any given moment on the weekend. I don't anticipate the switch taking very long, but if there's trouble, it's safe to assume that I'm working on it and won't be too interested in hearing complaints.

* wait until after the weekend to send issues my way. if all goes well, there won't be too much ironing to do, but assume I'm still working on stuff at least until Sunday night.

* starting next week, please do inform me about any problems you have with the site.

there are still a few unknowns about integrating phpbb into the new site, so that's likely where the biggest issues will be. I know that sucks. I will try hard to make it work well. failing that, I will make it work somehow.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: new site...

Postby surratta » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 am

quick update:

forums aren't yet properly integrated into the new site. this remains an open issue. I did install some new phpbb themes so that, perhaps, the switch from dark (website) to light (forums) won't be so jarring (as it is for me). I will do some more work on those before I change the default theme. if you are in love with the current phpbb theme, it will still be available after the default changes. I'll provide details on how to change phpbb themes at a later time.

otherwise, please let me know about any website issues. I'm sure there will be many, and I'll iron as quickly as I can. you don't need to tell me about the glaringly obvious stuff -- e.g., pages with no content at all. trust me that your website team is on that stuff already. anything else, please do let me know. suggestions for other content are welcome as well, but bare in mind that some changes are easier than others, and for that matter, some changes may require BoD approval.

the contact page has been updated. if you're listed on that page, please verify your contact info, and let me know about any necessary changes.

thank you drive thru
surratta

Postby Dave Lewis » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Andrew, is the black background a permenant thing? I'm hoping not.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby surratta » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Dave Lewis wrote:Andrew, is the black background a permenant thing? I'm hoping not.

NOOOOO!!!! Ok, ok, I just like black. Right now, it's non-trivial but also not a huge deal to change the color scheme. It'll just take some time to do and won't be atop the priority list. There's still a fair amount of content we need to get published, and I still have some work to do on the gallery page.

Anyone else want to voice their opinion on this? (especially if you like black!)
surratta

Postby Robert Robinson » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Sorry Dave. I like it.
Robert Robinson

Postby Dave Lewis » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 am

Why wouldn't you. Dressed invariably in black, your driving suit is black, your car is black, you even have a black dog. LOL.
Wait, I have a black dog.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby surratta » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Dave Lewis wrote:Why wouldn't you. Dressed invariably in black, your driving suit is black, your car is black, you even have a black dog. LOL.
Wait, I have a black dog.

I got black flagged!
surratta

Postby Jenny Smith » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Like the black.
Jen
Jenny Smith

Postby Clutch » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:47 pm

I like the dark site as well - Looks great!
Clutch

Postby surratta » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 pm

if all goes well this weekend...

I will get the forums pulled into the main/new/current site, on the Forums tab.

I'll do my best not to cause a long outage, but don't be surprised by some downtime and/or forum chaos over the weekend.

if there are big problems, I will revert to the way things are right now.

thank you drive thru
surratta

Next

Return to Bulletin Board Info