Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

new site...

News and updates regarding this bulletin board

Re: new site...

Postby greendot » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:02 pm

The more I look at it the less I like the black.
In fact one real problem with it is many old posts were done in color text that absolutely dissapears on the black. See that long post reagrding what would you do different for 2011 for examples.

However, I also really appreciate your efforts in this.

BTW, one other little niggling issue is that when I log straight in to the forums I don't see a link to any other places here, like the home page.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper "The best # is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime #. Its mirror (37) is the 12th and its mirror (21) is 7 times 3
In binary, 73 it's a palindrome, 1001001 backwards is 1001001." like racecar
From the 73rd episode of Big Bang Theory
greendot

WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Postby surratta » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:21 am

yeah, it's clear to me now that a couple of things need to change.

first and foremost, another phpbb theme or two. I still like black, but there are even problems with the current one. I'm working on themes tonight, and hope to have something decent (including a lighter one) worked out by tomorrow.

second of all, the way I tried to suck the forums into the main site just isn't working so well. I'll need to change the structure around a little bit.

but there should not be any new problems with passwords, captchas, and so forth with these changes.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby Dave Lewis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Andrew, just to let you know we appreciate all your efforts so at least you know it's not a totally thankless job.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Camar67racer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for all the work with the new site. A few things I've noticed over the past few weeks....
First, the new site refuses to log me in automatically even though I tell it to every time. Each time I return I have to login. At least now after a few times back it remembers my user name and password, but I have to hit the button (though again, every time I tell it to keep me logged in).

Next, after every page reload or if I click on a subject it doesn't refresh/return you to the top of the page but a page or two down. So if I click on a subject in a thread it takes me there, but I have to scroll up to the top after it loads. Also, on every page there is only about 3/4 of blank space below the text (looking at the scroll on the right side of the browser).

Just a few minor things I've noticed. Again, thanks for the time you've put into this.

Jon
Jon Yanca
Spec Miata #20
Camar67racer

WHRRI Member Number: 2648

Postby surratta » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm

well, I've ironed out some of the forum issues. among other things, I've reset the default phpbb theme to "prosilver". this is one of the themes that comes pre-packaged with phpbb, and while I'm not personally a fan, it will probably be the least likely one to give us any trouble -- such as asking you to type in the letters from an image and then not showing the image (yes, that happened to several people).

if you'd like to revert back to the recent black theme, you can click on "User Control Panel", then on "Board Preferences". in there you can choose your board style. the black theme is called "hermes_grey_whrri".

I will still work to get a darker theme based on prosilver, but that may take a while. what we do have works (I think/hope), and I need to shift gears and concentrate on the membership application that Jenny and Randy are going to need in a big way very soon.
surratta

Postby Dave Lewis » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

Wow, is this easier to read. Awesome, thanks Andrew.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Greg Blastic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:10 am

I agree, mucho better. As fashionable as black is, this format is much, much easier to read.
And kudos to Andrew. Very nice work!
Greg Blastic

WHRRI Member Number: 2412

Postby Nigel Stu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 am

Can a link to the main Waterford site be added somewhere to the forum page? Like in the header so its always available.
:bigups:

Or is it there already and I'm just missing it?
Ben
-----------------------------------
SCHAUT SPEED Motorsports
Race Technology - Traqmate
Cobalt Friction - AMSOIL
info@schautspeed.com
SSM Facebook page

'92 SM/ITA #66
Nigel Stu

Postby surratta » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 am

the "Waterford Hills Road Racing" title as well as the logo at the top right will link you back to the main site.
surratta

Postby Nigel Stu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm gonna have to check this when I get home. No image visible in top right corner, and no hyper-link with "Waterford Hills Road Racing" at the top (next to 'phpBB'). Same thing with the first theme. I'm going to hope that it is just an issue with my work computer / internets...
Ben
SCHAUT SPEED Motorsports
Race Technology - Traqmate
Cobalt Friction - AMSOIL
info@schautspeed.com
SSM Facebook page

'92 SM/ITA #66
Nigel Stu

PreviousNext

Return to Bulletin Board Info