Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

new site...

News and updates regarding this bulletin board

Re: new site...

Postby surratta » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 am

Nigel Stu wrote:I'm gonna have to check this when I get home. No image visible in top right corner, and no hyper-link with "Waterford Hills Road Racing" at the top (next to 'phpBB'). Same thing with the first theme. I'm going to hope that it is just an issue with my work computer / internets...

do let me know. and wherever it's not working, let me know what phpbb theme, operating system, and browser you're using. I should be able to track it down then.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby Tim Hollister » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 pm

surratta wrote:
Nigel Stu wrote:I'm gonna have to check this when I get home. No image visible in top right corner, and no hyper-link with "Waterford Hills Road Racing" at the top (next to 'phpBB'). Same thing with the first theme. I'm going to hope that it is just an issue with my work computer / internets...

do let me know. and wherever it's not working, let me know what phpbb theme, operating system, and browser you're using. I should be able to track it down then.

Andy,

Seeing the same behavior reported above with template "prosilver." This is on a recent iMac running Mac OS X v10.6.6 and Safari v5.0.3.

Yesterday I switched templates and found myself with only a screen that said the template couldn't be found. Couldn't do anything, eg., get back to the User Control Panel to change back to the earlier template I had selected. Finally shortened the URL to access the home page, selected forums, and could see the forums again. Quickly went to User Control Panel and changed templates. I forget the name of the template but it was the bottom one in the drop down menu.

You are doing a great job and please don't get discouraged! It's great to see this site growing, changing and evolving into something more modern and interesting than... Well, I'll leave it at that. 8)

Tim
Tim Hollister
Waterford, Michigan
HolliTech Team Racing
Tim Hollister

Postby Red » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Ben - one possible problem: make sure you have updated your bookmark. You should be going to http://www.waterfordhills.com/phpBB3 now, instead of the old (but similar) address. If you use the old bookmark, the template is different, and doesn't have the WHRRI logo on it.
I believe in sharing the road with other drivers.
They can have the part behind me.
Red

WHRRI Member Number: 2021

Postby Nigel Stu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Works like a charm here at home.

At work, the setup is Windows XP, running latest version of Firefox. Only difference at home is 7 instead of XP.

I'll have to check the web address, but I'm not confident that is whats wrong. Everything else appears correct. I'm pretty sure it is some setting on either my work computer, or more likely how they have their network/firewall setup - Pictures and certain links have a tendency to be hidden...

EDIT - looks like the wrong address was bookmarked on the work computer. I took out the 'cms' from the address line and it all looks good now.

Tim - I had a similar issue with the page when I tried switching templates. I had some extra characters between .com and /phpbb3. Perhaps that is what Red was referring to as similar? Not sure, but its working now.
Ben
-----------------------------------
SCHAUT SPEED Motorsports
Race Technology - Traqmate
Cobalt Friction - AMSOIL
info@schautspeed.com
SSM Facebook page

-----------------------------------
'92 SM/ITA #66
Nigel Stu

Postby Tim Hollister » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Nigel Stu wrote:

EDIT - looks like the wrong address was bookmarked on the work computer. I took out the 'cms' from the address line and it all looks good now.

Tim - I had a similar issue with the page when I tried switching templates. I had some extra characters between .com and /phpbb3. Perhaps that is what Red was referring to as similar? Not sure, but its working now.

Ben,

It appears the 'cms' in the URL the problem here too. I've removed it and things are good again. Thanks for pointing that out!! 8)

Tim
Tim Hollister
Waterford, Michigan
HolliTech Team Racing
Tim Hollister

Postby surratta » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Tim Hollister wrote:It appears the 'cms' in the URL the problem here too. I've removed it and things are good again. Thanks for pointing that out!! 8)

I will try to address that soon -- i.e., remove the cms directory and redirect to the new stuff.

thanks, all, for figuring out the core issue.
surratta

Postby Dwaine Koscielniak » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 am

Andy,

Thanks for lightening up the forums. If you want to get away from the blue you might want to try a light gray. Just a suggestion as I know you really liked the black. Thanks again you are doing a great job on revitalizing the web sie.
Dwaine Koscielniak (Speed)
Retired AS #76/75
SCCA # 33439

It's Amazing How People Have Such Simple Minds and Find Humor Offensive

Mustangs are Like Women, You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Put Out, Life Is Good
Dwaine Koscielniak

Postby surratta » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

Dwaine Koscielniak wrote:Thanks for lightening up the forums. If you want to get away from the blue you might want to try a light gray. Just a suggestion as I know you really liked the black. Thanks again you are doing a great job on revitalizing the web sie.

I've actually reverted back to the black theme that we were all using last week. so far, I haven't encountered any of the problems that others had with it, so I'm good until I get some more time to polish the brighter themes.
surratta

Previous

Return to Bulletin Board Info