Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

ATTN: photographers

News and updates regarding this bulletin board

ATTN: photographers

Postby surratta » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 pm

I've been working on the gallery page, and it's coming together finally. my first pass was only aimed at pulling images from flickr -- part useful, part proof-of-concept. now I have a few questions.

• who has photos on flickr already that would like them to appear on the gallery page? let me know your name, the website you'd like to link to, and what your flickr page is.
  • who has photos on other sites (e.g., smugmug) that would like them to also appear on our gallery page? let me know what site/service you use, and I'll look into pulling photos directly from it the way the flickr stuff works now.
  • who has pics they'd like to include which aren't already published online? we'll definitely have to deal with this case, and I just need to figure out how best to do so.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: ATTN: photographers

Postby Clutch » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 am

I'm using SmugMug - I have some images on Flickr, but I'm not updating that site with new shots.

Are you going to have an embedded gallery on the new site?

My site is gallery based, so when there is a race, I create a new gallery - how will this get shown on the new site?

Thanks,

Ed.
Clutch

Postby dahlemt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 am

I've got a 2010 Highlights gallery posted on Google's Picasaweb service which should be suitable for your testing/development purposes.

However, my preference is to upload a set of images as has been done the last several years.

Happy New Year!

Tom
dahlemt

Postby surratta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Ed,
the site's gallery tab currently shows some of your older WHRRI pics from flickr. I will do some more ironing on our gallery, but you can see the general idea now. I haven't checked out smugmug's api yet, but I'm assuming I'll be able to pull stuff from them without much hassle. their gallery stuff is pretty slick.

you can a) not have pics in our gallery at all and just post to the forums when you've updated your stuff; b) include some pics on our site and then link to your smugmug page; or c) we can pull it all.

or d) none of the above. I'm open to all ideas, but I'll need to balance my gallery ambitions with the membership database (which needs work real-soon-like).

Tom,
can you post a link to your picasaweb gallery? I'll definitely want to pull stuff from there. but I will also work out an ftp (or similar) solution for hosting stuff directly on our box.
surratta

Postby dahlemt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Andrew,

I sent you a PM.
dahlemt

Postby Clutch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Any progress with linking SmugMug galleries/ instructions on how I can do this?

Ed.
Clutch

Postby surratta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 pm

I have done next to nothing on the gallery in the last couple of months. whatever time I've had has gone into the membership software. that's still taking priority at this point. however, within the next couple of weeks, I need to spend some time on the gallery -- I've got some stuff from Bubba already, and Don Castle has inquired as well.

regarding SmugMug specifically, unless you know your way around javascript/jquery, then I can't think of anything else you could do. well, besides harass me. (which is fine)

updates will follow.
surratta

Postby surratta » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am

I changed some things around on the gallery page this weekend. it's organized differently, and locally stored pics are now available. I will migrate pics from the old site before long.

I still need to integrate smugmug galleries -- this is still a relatively high priority -- but I think the gallery is otherwise set for now.

anyone who wants to publish pics on our server can contact me for ftp login info and instructions.
surratta

Postby dahlemt » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:33 pm

I just tried the Gallery tab and it is not working for me. The page remains blank and a Done message with exclamation point appears in the lower left of the screen.

Please send me the FTP credentials and instructions.

Thanks,
Tom
dahlemt

Postby surratta » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Tom, and anyone else who has problems with the new gallery page, please let me know what browser you're using.
surratta

Next

Return to Bulletin Board Info