Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

FS: 1980 ITB/STU Ford Mustang - MAJOR Price Reduction!!!!!!!

A marketplace for buying and selling

FS: 1980 ITB/STU Ford Mustang - MAJOR Price Reduction!!!!!!!

Postby EBSNASCAR » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

FS: Race winning 1980 ITB/STU Ford Mustang, with a really cool paint job (slightly bent)

Price reduced...need to get out of my house soon!
So I am putting up Old Glory for sale. I need to move everything out of my house and garage in the next month and it will be a lot easier to pack up the racecar and all the extra goodies into YOUR trailer and truck, instead of me packing it up and then unloading it in storage (or storing it somewhere).

This 1980 ITB/STU Mustang was originally built by D. Cordier (Won an ITB championship at Waterford Hills with it), then was sold to Piku, then K. Smith, then C. Childs and then me. C. Childs (of Angry Sheep Motorsports fame) updated this car including the roll cage after his 2004 ITB Championship at Waterford Hills. This car, once fixed, I believe, is capable of beating the ITB lap record at Waterford Hills and Mid-Ohio. The car does need work, but frankly with all the extras, it will be the last racecar you will ever need to buy. I had a few wins, and finished 2nd in ITB points in the first year (2010) with this car at Waterford Hills. Finished 5th out of 13 at the 2010 IT Fest at Mid-Ohio the first time out and I had never seen the track. Lap times around 1:51.00.

It can be a winner, oh and it can still lose some weight. This would be a great starter car for someone wanting to teach a young driver they have to put some work into it before they can drive it.

ITB/STU classified (also could run vintage), carb 2.3L with 5-speed transmission. Roll cage has NASCAR bars and is built for AS if desired. Brake biased installed into car. Fuel cell installed. Fire system installed, race seat installed and seat belts good until 2015. Custom level foot pedals by C. Childs. I fit comfortably at 6’0”. C. Childs fits into this car at 6’3”. So someone smaller may need to adjust some things. Very, very little rust, has been stored inside.

Racecar has the following extras:
2 extra engines, both carbs, one out of the green racecar and one is an old pinto motor

3 extra transmissions – two 4-speed, one 5-speed

Extra trunk, right side door, rear bumper, 2 front fascia, muffler, custom fuel cell and a slightly used hood (yes off the green car)
Additional two hoods - no rust, extra engine cradle

Extra ignition box, 2 alternators, a starter, new belts, spark plugs, new gaskets and enough engine parts (crank, cam, pistons) to make a fourth engine, minus the block.

Extra suspension parts – rear springs, front A-arms with new bushings (two sets of front suspension)

Extra rear axle, 2 drive shafts, steering column (Make that two extra rear axles)

Extra brake calipers, lines and rotors (which will be needed for a new system)

11 Outlaw wheels 14x6 (no longer manufactured) and 3 sets of other wheels 14x6 (each different)

Lots of tires, most mounted, 1 set of mounted rain tires used once. (Set of rains and a set of intermediate tires remain)
Various weather seals

And probably about five boxes of other misc. stuff (Note: This is from one donor car (1989) and the green racecar (1979 Hatch) that was stripped before scrapped)

I do not have the title to this car, C. Childs has it….somewhere. :)

Willing to sell any extras separate (except the Outlaw wheels), WILL NOT unbolt anything from the car in its current condition.
Hoods, trunk - $75
Engine - $400
Trans - $250
Suspension parts - $25
MAKE OFFERS!!!

The work, and this is as honest as I am knowledgeable:

This car has been on its roof, the roof is crushed on the top of the windshield. New windshield required (need a sedan Mustang, not a hatchback)

The left shock tower will need to be repaired and the floor board under the pedals is no longer flat.

This car could be taken to a frame place to be straighten, or if someone who knows what they are doing can fix this without.

The left side door and left fender will need to be replaced, but is included.

The roll cage did its job and is still perfect. And the car runs, I drove it off the trailer into the garage. May need to make sure the oil has drained back out of the carb, timing is ok and the spark plugs are ok.

May need a new battery (Sitting a bit) and (edit) Needs a new radiator.

Brakes need a once over. Suggest replacing whole system, rotors, pads, lines, caliper and probably booster. Have all parts except a booster. This is the reason the car was on its roof (Regardless of what you heard). Maybe 10% of brakes available.

Semi-motivated, like I said, need to move it and not looking forward to moving it, but not going to give it away. (You know, I will race it again someday…I keep telling myself). Also know, I would rather see it on the track from the tower then sitting in my garage.

Everything listed and then some worth between 12K-15K. All this for a grand total of $5000.00

Willing to bring price down in exchange for a co-driver race, Open Track Day session or Practice session. (You know, one last hurrah). NO trades please.

Please contact me at my screen name ID listed above with (at) aol (dot) com added, or PM me, Or call/text me.

Car and goodies located in Lake Orion, MI - car is at the house, some parts in storage and currently some still in Ortonville, MI 48462

Website master Andrew, if you could find a picture of Old Glory and post it, you will be my hero! Thanks Andrew!

Thanks
Last edited by EBSNASCAR on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tom
Owner/Driver of TF American Racing ITB/STU #00 Mustang (in repair mode)

http://tfamericanracing.blogspot.com/
EBSNASCAR

WHRRI Member Number: 2659

Re: FS: Race winning 1980 ITB/STU Ford Mustang

Postby surratta » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am

I'm not *already* your hero?
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby surratta » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 am

ok, I found a couple (right side up) shots...

Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
surratta

WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Postby EBSNASCAR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

surratta wrote:I'm not *already* your hero?

Yes you are. Thank you!
Tom

EBSNASCAR

Re: FS: Race winning 1980 ITB/STU Ford Mustang - Price Reduc

Postby EBSNASCAR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Additional Pictures...
Tom

EBSNASCAR

Postby EBSNASCAR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Tom

EBSNASCAR

Postby EBSNASCAR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Racecar has moved to Lake Orion zip - 48360

Updated spare parts

Tom

EBSNASCAR

Postby EBSNASCAR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Additional spares

1 rear bumper cover
2 clutch housings
Extra custom fuel cell

Posting to Craiglist...everything needs to be out by March 31st...we have renters.
Tom

EBSNASCAR

Postby EBSNASCAR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:42 pm

BUMP....One spare engine is gone...going to bring life to a VW. Everything is in Lake Orion now. In the van or storage.

Take this car home with 14 plastic tubs filled with spare parts. $4500.00

Thanks
Tom

EBSNASCAR

Postby EBSNASCAR » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am

BUMP

Thanks to the Cordiers for taking home a front fasica, headlight frame, the spare fender and steering gear.

Still have it. Moving for the second time since February...do not have enough room for it all. Make an offer!
Tom

EBSNASCAR

Next

Return to Swap & Sell