Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Spec Neon for Sale

A marketplace for buying and selling

Spec Neon for Sale

Postby fastbackss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, it’s the offseason which means there is always much tumult and inventory “changing.”

With that being said, I am listing this car.

Come run in a fun (and seemingly growing) class that averaged 4.5 drivers per race, and had 10 unique drivers compete during the year.

It is a 97 DOHC that has only ever known life on the track. The car was completely gone through before the season, including the addition of extra door bars. All suspension “expendable” parts (tie rods/bushings) were new at the start of the season. The intake and radiator were also new as was the power steering pump (although Phil preferred to drive it sans the power steering). It has the complement of Spec Neon goodies, including the proper ECU and a LSD.

Engine was from a junkyard and only has 9 races or so on it. Top end was gone through when it was dropped in. I would likely do bottom end maintenance before running another full season, but that is subjective.

There are a fair amount of spares, including extra sets of wheels.

Car loves to be tossed, as evidenced by me getting to a 1:23.1 in my second session in the car and first time ever on the track. Phil got right down to the 1:21.0 mark, after getting quickly acclimated to FWD. The car is capable in the right hands, and was the only one able to disrupt the nearly perfect season that Sean had.

Car is turn key for $3,141. I will also entertain creative offers, including those for renting it for a whole or partial season. Please PM me for more details. I hope to hear from you, otherwise I will “make” Phil drive it again next year!

Thanks,
-Mike
fastbackss

Re: Spec Neon for Sale

Postby fastbackss » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Price drop to $2,841.

Rules changes on the oval track side require an off-season infusion of funds (always love changes designed to save money).

Thanks for reading,
-Mike
fastbackss

Postby mnx » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Are you familiar with chumpcar? Any idea on what would be necessary to run it in there?
mnx

Postby fastbackss » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:28 pm

mnx wrote:Are you familiar with chumpcar? Any idea on what would be necessary to run it in there?

I am not familiar enough, regretfully, to make an accurate assessment. I don't know why it couldn't be?
fastbackss

Postby Sean r/t » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Bah, keep this car racing at WATERFORD.

We need this car in the grid in SN.

Someone needs to jump on this and come race.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Sean r/t

Postby SeniorPBA2B » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 pm

This car was quick, even with Phil driving. :mrgreen:

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
SeniorPBA2B

Postby MX_EDGE » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Dose it include a transponder :?:
MX_EDGE

Postby fastbackss » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 am

MX_EDGE wrote:Dose it include a transponder :?:

It will not include the transponder, sorry.
fastbackss

Postby mnx » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:35 am

Still available? What city are you in, a friend and I might be interested in coming to see it in the not too distant future.
mnx

Postby CG-Lock Racer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Still available. We have two people interested, someone scheduled for tomorrow and one for next weekend. The car is garaged just South of Tecumseh, MI.
CG-Lock Racer

Next

Return to Swap & Sell